Details: Salary is competitive.
1616 P Street NW
Resources for the Future (RFF) is an independent, nonprofit research institution in Washington, DC. Our mission is to improve environmental, energy, and natural resource decisions through impartial economic research and policy engagement.
We’re looking for a Marketing and Events Manager to oversee direct engagement with our audiences through compelling events and innovative digital and traditional marketing tactics. Reporting to the Vice President for Communications, the position is also responsible for supervising and mentoring members of our marketing and events team. Candidates with an interest or background in the fields of environmental, energy, and natural resource policy, and who share RFF’s mission and organizational values, will be particularly well suited to the role.
- Work with the Vice President for Communications to develop and implement RFF’s events strategy.
- Develop and oversee 15-20 creative, impactful, and lively policy events for RFF annually that help to further our goal of improving environmental, energy, and natural resource decisions.
- Ensure RFF is using email marketing automation workflows, live streams, analytics reporting, and other appropriate tools to amplify event registrations and engagement.
- Work with the Vice President for Communications to develop and implement RFF’s marketing strategy.
- Oversee the production of high quality marketing and development materials.
- Develop digital and traditional marketing campaigns to elevate RFF’s organizational profile.
- Ensuring that RFF is using social media to its fullest potential, and that creative digital marketing tactics are being used to promote the organization’s work.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and at least five years of relevant events experience.
- A track record of developing creative and impactful policy and/or fundraising events.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to serve as an ambassador for RFF with external stakeholders, and to build relationships and work effectively with fellow events, communications, and policy professionals.
- Robust event management skills. Experience using Asana or similar project management tools would be highly beneficial in this role.
- The ability to manage and mentor a team and oversee event budgets.
- Strong writing skills, including the ability to develop compelling event concepts.
- Outstanding aesthetic and design sensibilities. Any past experience in Adobe Creative Cloud or similar design products would be helpful.
- Knowledge of email marketing and event management platforms such as Mailchimp and Eventbrite.
- Knowledge of ad management platforms like Adwords or social management tools like Buffer would be beneficial in this role.
- Exceptional attention to detail. The ability to juggle many ongoing projects, proactively identify potential problems and opportunities, independently prioritize when confronted with many competing tasks, work under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Due to the anticipated volume of interest, we are unable to respond to telephone or email inquiries regarding this position.
RFF is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We are unable to sponsor a work-related visa for this position.
RFF benefits include a collegial environment, 20 days annual leave, 13 days sick leave, 3 days family medical leave, 10 holidays, medical insurance, educational assistance, and commuter benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a thoughtful cover letter and current resume via www.rff.org/about/careers.