The Strategic Manager will serve as the primary partner to local and state community-based organizations participating in the Vaccine Equity and Access Program (VEAP), a national program that supports community-based organizations led by and working with people of color to facilitate information about and access to vaccines as a part of a broader effort to reduce vaccination disparities. The Strategic Manager will work closely with Community Based Organization (CBO) partners by providing and facilitating technical assistance; ensuring organizations have access to tailored tools and resources; and building and managing learning community between organizations. The Strategic Manager will work closely with a range of CBO partners to executive core strategies and activities of the program, including:
· Identifying and working with community leaders to serve as trusted sources of information about the COVID-19 and flu vaccines;
· Developing culturally appropriate messages, visual assets, and other communications materials, as well as trainings for influential messengers;
· Developing and executing social media and other communications campaigns, as well as events, webinars, and convenings; Building connection and partnership with trusted health providers in the community with the goal of increasing information about and access to vaccinations;
· Establishing partnerships and engagement with state and local health departments; and
· Working in coalition to address access and inequity in vaccine rollout programs.
The Strategic Manager will work with multiple organizations divided into cohorts, with an emphasis on facilitating learning communities within and across cohorts to foster collaboration, work through challenges, and create ways to enhance community outreach and engagement. The Strategic Manager will be an integral member of the VEAP, working in close partnership with other Strategic Managers in the program to ensure learning across the program and throughout Community Catalyst.
Supervision: The Strategic Manager will be supervised by the VEAP Program Director.
· Manage day-to-day relationships with CBOs in assigned cohorts and facilitate relationship building between partner organizations.
· Conduct regular cohort meetings, learning community events, and peer-to-peer learning opportunities with and between cohorts.
· Provide and facilitate timely, efficient, tailored technical assistance to CBOs, drawing on other Community Catalyst staff members and consultants as needed.
· Actively support CBO partners in the dissemination and development of materials, the development of trainings to activate trusted community messengers, and the development and execution of strategies to build partnership with health care providers and departments of health.
· Ensure CBOs receive broader programmatic updates and participate in program-wide learning and engagement opportunities.
· Actively participate as a member of the program team, assisting with program planning, design, implementation, and evaluation.
· Serve as a core contributor on the program team in tracking and sharing relevant community engagement strategies, messaging, and opportunities to promote vaccination equity.
· Provide substantive, written contributions to progress reports on the program, including the articulation of lessons learned and promising messaging and engagement approaches.
· Actively serve as a member of Community Catalyst’s technical assistance provider team and collaborate with technical assistance providers from other programs where appropriate.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years relevant work experience or 5 years of relevant work experience in community organizing, communications, direct service/social services, health system delivery or public health, or related field
· Demonstrated knowledge of the importance of addressing barriers to health equity, specifically for people of color
· Strong written and verbal communications skills, including experience with facilitation (facilitating meetings, events, etc.) and/or with training or coaching
· Proven skills in relationship development and collaboration, including a demonstrated ability to appreciate and adapt to different cultural communications norms and styles
· A passion for working with people and facilitating engagement and relationship building between people from different geographies
· Strong organizational skills
· Experience with working independently in a collaborative team environment
BENEFITS & SALARY RANGE
· Salary Range: $55,000 - $65,000
· Generous paid time off policy
· Robust benefits package
· Location: Flexible/remote
Community Catalyst is strongly committed to building a work environment that recognizes, respects, and encourages the unique contributions of a broad spectrum of qualified employees. We strive to make employment decisions that support inclusion to maintain a work atmosphere that is diverse, equitable and promotes family-friendly practices and work-life benefits so that people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles may grow personally and professionally.
We do not discriminate in hiring based on age, color, ethnicity, race, national origin, primary language, religion, socio-economic status, family status, mental and physical disabilities, veteran status, gender identity characteristics and/or expression, sex, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other classification that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
Through all of our programs, Community Catalyst works to build a better future for all individuals by advancing health equity, focusing on people of color, immigrants, as well as disability, gender, sexual identity and socio-economic status. It is important for our staff to reflect the diverse communities with which we work. People of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English are encouraged to apply.
The Strategic Manager will serve as the primary partner to local and state community-based organizations participating in the Vaccine Equity and Access Program (VEAP), a national program that supports community-based…
Applicants should submit a resume with a one page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Strategic Manager, VEAP” in the subject line.
Applicants should submit a resume with a one page cover letter briefly summarizing their interest in and qualifications for the position to: email@example.com. Please…