202 West Gowe Street
We seek a Community Coordinator who is passionate about the work we do, excited to become part of our organizational culture and willing to contribute to its growth. This is a full time (40 hours/week) exempt position. Our culture handbook and policies are available upon request.
The main duties are as follows:
Community Events and Outreach (roughly 60%)
· Plan and execute our community events including migrating meals, Journey to Peace, and the annual fundraising event
· Oversee the launch of the Ubuntu Newsletter – a series of 12 letters that will enable subscribers to learn more about refugees and immigrants and spark an internal revolution in engaging in constructive and equitable ways
· Create, implement and report evaluation metrics for our community events
· Develop and maintain partnerships for community events
· Represent the organization at outside events by tabling and/or speaking. These events would include job fairs for outreach to refugee/immigrant participants as well as community events where guests are interested in learning more about how to get involved in the community.
· Represent the organization at local and regional meetings where the focus is on the refugee/immigrant population.
· Recruit, manage and support volunteers to assist with programs and one off events.
· Recruit employers to join our network
· Respond to media requests. Seek positive media and PR attention when there is something newsworthy to share
· Develop and execute a communication strategy for increasing the customer base at Ubuntu Street Café. This includes café setup, information available to diners and electronic means
· Maintain Project Feast’s website and social media
· Develop newsletter content and share 2-4 updates a month to our community
Catering (roughly 30%)
· Field catering requests that come in through the website, email and phone calls.
· Discuss the needs of the customer and how Project Feast may meet them.
· Create quotes for customers.
· Communicate confirmed events with the kitchen team to coordinate food production.
· Deliver the food to events and help with set up / service as needed. Typically, an apprentice is encouraged to be present for exposure and learning.
· Send invoices to customers and maintain the catering invoice system.
· Generally, provide great customer service and find ways to showcase the Project Feast mission with catering customers and their guests.
· Help create some curriculum content related to catering and customer service.
· Provide mentorship to apprentices around event management and customer service.
Administrative (roughly 10%)
· Assist with staff meetings
· Process donations and send thank you letters
· Assist with grant application and reports
- A strong commitment to equity and inclusion.
- A strong interest in the nonprofit sector and the refugee/immigrant population.
· Experience working with refugees / immigrants and performing outreach
- Experience with event planning and / or project management.
- Strong skills in communication and marketing
- Food industry experience preferred. This can include back of house, front of house, catering, and management.
- Growth orientation. Excited about trying new approaches, creative, love tackling new challenges and learning from mistakes and failures. Willing to continually invest in personal leadership.
- A high level of energy for the organization and role.
- Ability to communicate authentically and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Willingness to work with a large sense of ownership in a collaborative environment with a flat hierarchy. Care about the success of team members in addition to personal success.
- Detail oriented and able to switch to big picture thinking. Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing workload.
- Willingness to maintain a strong work ethic in the face of challenges and able to stay calm and professional when issues arise.
- Understands the impact of trauma on learning or is willing to learn.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Experienced with software such as Microsoft Word and Excel, email platforms like Gmail, and cloud platforms like Google Drive
- Experienced using social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
Refugees and immigrants are highly encouraged to apply
- Starts at $38,000 a year and will be based on experience
- There is currently no medical insurance offered
- 30 days of vacation a year (20 days of Paid Time Off including paid sick leave and 10 federal holidays)
- Free daily lunch (often a “feast”!)
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent spoken and written English
Other languages are appreciated but not required
Minimum Education Required