60 East Tremont Avenue
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and are guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences. We have 37 locations throughout the borough providing a variety of programs that offer assistance in the areas of family, children and youth support, educational services, elder care, homelessness, mental health and workforce development. We are an employer of choice for anyone interested in a meaningful career in the social services field.
BronxWorks is hiring an Assistant Program Director in the Case Management Department for its Family Enrichment Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct services to a diverse client population.
- Maintain case records and statistics for program.
- Assist the program director in recruiting and training direct service staff.
- Administer personnel policies and procedures under the guidance of the program director.
- Hold monthly supervision meetings with staff supervised.
- Develop regular communication with contract managers for programs supervised; act as liaison with funding source.
- Ensure all programs meet contractual goals and reporting requirements.
- Monitor program progress and submit all required reports to funding sources, including.
- Submit internal progress reports on a monthly basis, or more frequently as required.
- Plan and develop budgets, and work with Program Director and fiscal staff to ensure that collection of payment from funding source is current.
- Monitor fiscal expenses and analyze fiscal reports on a monthly basis.
- Prepare proposals for the development, expansion and continuation of programs in coordination with Department Director and the Program Director.
- Monitor staff performance, including performing case reviews and structured observations.
- Participate in, and encourage staff to become involved in, agency events.
- Act as liaison with the community including the area community district.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative, clinical and case management supervision to up to 5 Case Managers.
- Reviews and ensures proper documentation in Contact Grids, PROMIS, Connections and offline documentation, including the listing of contacts, progress notes, Family Assessment and Service Plans and Family Team Conferences.
- Provides weekly supervision to the Case Managers and documents it in supervision notes.
- Completes monthly Supervisory Case Reviews in Connections and offline for all cases assigned to their team.
- Reviews all correspondence and court reports prior to delivery.
- Attends Family Team Conferences, Elevated Risk Conferences and Child Safety Conferences to maintain case focus and direction; facilitates conferences as needed.
- Joins the Director on meetings of relevance to the department’s work (ACS, OCFS, COFCCA).
- Participates actively as a member of the program's management team in strategic planning, capacity building, ongoing assessment, evaluation, planning and development of the program.
- Attends trainings to improve skills and strengthen practice.
- Completes annual performance evaluations for all supervisees.
- Maintain availability and access for staff to consult when they are in the field.
- Facilitate groups as needed.
- Masters degree in social work or another related field of study.
- A minimum of one to two years program management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and organizational skills are necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and other standard business technology is required.
BronxWorks seeks to build an inclusive organization grounded in respect for differences. We support all aspects of diversity, and in accordance with federal, state and local laws, does not discriminate unlawfully against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, national origin (including ancestry), predisposing genetic characteristic, race, sex, gender, actual or perceived sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality), status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law. This commitment applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and employee development, placement, promotion, demotion, upgrading, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination.
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round.
- Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave
- 12 paid holidays.
- Comprehensive medical, and life insurance coverage care for employees and their families, at little or no cost to employees.
- A pension plan that is 100% employer paid
- Two tax deferred annuity plans and employee assistance in maximizing the pension plan and tax deferred annuity plans to prepare for retirement.
- TransitChek – Employees may use TransitChek to have money taken out of their pretax salaries to pay for their public transportation commute.
- Free and confidential assessment, counseling, and referral service, to assist employees and their families with a wide range of personal problems.
Additionally, BronxWorks offers:
- A comprehensive monthly training calendar.
- Access to some scholarship opportunities.
- Non-financial support and internship opportunities for employees who return to school, particularly for their Master of Social Work degrees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, submit a cover letter and resume via the BronxWorks Careers website.