Administrative Assistant to the VP for Institutional Advancement
- Job posted by Marymount Manhattan College
221 E 71st Street
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
The assistant will provide the highest level of support to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Vice President for Institutional Advancement with the daily administration of the office.
- During heavy travel/appointment season, in the Vice President’s absence, the administrative assistant is responsible for maintaining the overall office operations.
- Interface with all constituencies of the College including alumni, donors, faculty, trustees, and staff. Greet visitors and be able to direct guests in an appropriate manner.
- Compose and edit complex correspondence, and assist with mailings.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and day-to-day scheduling and calendar for the VP.
- Maintain IA general calendar of events, meetings, and appointments.
- Coordinate and facilitating office activities and operations including ordering of supplies, conference room scheduling, and facilities management.
- Answer phones, sort mail, fax and copy as needed; create and maintain files, records, and lists that may contain confidential information.
- Prepare expense reports and purchase orders while effectively monitoring the department budget.
- Reconcile monthly American Express/Visa/MasterCard statements for IA cardholders.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of financial reports and other requested documents for the VP and Institutional Advancement staff.
- Prepare and distribute materials for regular Fundraising and Resources Board Committee Meetings. Attend the meetings and take minutes.
- Assist with logistical organization of special events.
- Maintain current knowledge of College policies and procedures.
- Oversee student workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in an office setting, including at least 2 years providing support to senior level management
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication, telephone, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills; ability to multi-task while remaining goal-focused
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines and produce quality, detail-oriented work
- Capacity to serve as the outward face of the IA office, greeting internal and external visitors and callers with a friendly, professional, and high-energy disposition
- Proficiency with fund raising database programs (Raiser’s Edge) is a plus
- Respect the confidentiality of the information that the Office of Institutional Advancement works with on a daily basis
Marymount Manhattan College is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required