1734 N Street, NW
District of Columbia
The General Federation of Women’s Clubs is an international women’s organization dedicated to community improvement by enhancing the lives of others through volunteer service. GFWC Headquarters is a National Historic Landmark located at 1734 N Street, NW in Washington D.C. Headquarters serves as the working offices for the GFWC International President and staff, and it is also the home of the Women’s History and Resource Center.
JOB TITLE: Executive Coordinator
DEPARTMENT IN GFWC: Executive Department
REPORTS TO: Chief of Operations
Under the direction of the Chief of Operations, and in coordination with the International President and Executive Committee members, this is a supporting position responsible for maintaining smooth operation of GFWC Executive Office. This position is mainly responsible for providing select administrative support to the Executive Office. Duties may be clerical, administrative and project-based and include scheduling travel, arranging meetings, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence and liaising with board members. This position is often privy to confidential information and as such, requires diplomacy and discretion. Performance will be measured relative to the attainment of the stated objectives and goals and significant accomplishments related to the work plan and position responsibilities.
In addition to the below list of responsibilities, the Executive Coordinator will carry out assigned tasks that are consistent with the general area of responsibilities of this position.
- Provide front office, front door, and main phone line and email support in coordination with the Executive Office team, including: mail and package delivery, parking area schedule, and internal calendar
- Maintain GFWC check log
- Support Executive Office and GFWC Leadership in all aspects of administrative and governance work
- Work with the Chief of Operations to develop and maintain a quality, comprehensive benefits package for GFWC employees
- Assist the Chief of Operations with staff transition including onboarding, staff reassignment, and end-of-employment, and maintaining all required supporting documentation (personnel files)
- Serve as primary point of contact for GFWC staff and benefit vendors regarding general inquiries
- Coordinate with the Membership Services Manager to provide requested GFWC member reports as needed
- Update electronic communications subscriptions as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of responsibilities
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in working with databases
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of basic filing and organizational protocols
- The ability to follow directions, sometimes from multiple sources, and determine priorities
- Flexibility and a willingness to perform other reasonable duties as requested
Submit cover letter and résumé via email with “Executive Coordinator” in the subject line to Patricia Budka, Chief of Operations, at email@example.com.
GFWC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
GFWC offers medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance; accrued sick and vacation leave; and Simple IRA pension plan
Minimum Education Required