Details: Hourly rate consistent with similar positions in the community and commensurate with experience.
The Los Angeles Community Garden Council (LACGC) is seeking competitive and qualified candidates to apply for the part-time position of Accounting Manager. LACGC is a growing non-profit organization that partners with 42 community gardens and offers community organizing, gardening advice, and workshops to more than 6,000 families throughout Los Angeles County.
Accounting Manager Responsibilities
· Support all aspects of the LACGC mission, vision, and programs
· Oversee the Controls, Accounts/Receivables, Accounts/Payables, Personnel, Payroll, and the General Ledger
· Provide oversight of fiscal operations, cost reconciliations, and preparation for annual audits
· Report to the Treasurer of the Board and the Executive Director
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- CPA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in non-profit accounting
- Expertise in fund accounting with knowledge of city, county, state, and federal funding
- Demonstrated knowledge of fiscal regulations
· Knowledge of QuickBooks® software
· Ability to work well in a small team
· Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
· Ability to maintain donor confidentiality
· Passion for implementing community gardens in Los Angeles County
Approx. 5 hours per week. Days and times are flexible.
Minimum Education Required