Under the direction of the Development Manager, the Grant Writer leads the strategy, research, writing, and submission of grant proposals, Letters of Intent (LOI), grant reports, and materials/correspondence needed to support Human Options’ fundraising and outreach goals.
The ideal candidate is an effective storyteller who can glean information from a wide range of sources to weave a compelling narrative and case for support. The Grant Writer thrives on deadline-driven work, keeping multiple projects moving forward simultaneously and continually throughout the year. Coordinating with program staff, together they meet all fundraising objectives with our government agencies, private and corporate foundations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Prepare and write grant proposals, applications and reports for government agencies, private and corporate foundations to secure funding for general operating and program-specific support.
· Meet with program and finance staff to obtain relevant content required to write narratives for proposals and reports, including the preparation of grant forms and the assembly of budgets and supporting materials.
· Strategize to assure grant measurements and outcomes are monitored and goals met for each grant.
· Lead the content development of case statements, annual reports, and stewardship reports
25% Outreach to new and existing funders:
· Research and identify new funding opportunities to grow private funding opportunities.
· Deepen existing relationships with key individuals at private and corporate foundations and government agencies through site visits, personal notes and in person meetings.
10% Grant administration:
· Maintain grant calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposals, applications and reports.
· Prepare monthly grant tracking reports for Executive Leadership and Board of Directors
· Act as a community ambassador for Human Options and domestic violence awareness.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong writing and editing skills with the ability to analyze and synthesize written materials, and meet multiple deadlines.
· Proven ability to work independently and within a diverse team and across departments.
· Good communication, listening and research skills.
· Working knowledge of grant database software programs, such as Raiser’s Edge.
· Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Commitment to the Human Options’ vision, mission and values.
· Bachelor’s Degree in social work, communications or a related field.
· 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in writing government, private and corporate grant proposals.
· Familiarity with domestic violence programs a plus.
· Exceptional writing, analytical and research skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills to manage collaboration with multiple staff members, synthesize information, and infuse gathered knowledge throughout organization.
· Excellent computer skills including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Under the direction of the Development Manager, the Grant Writer leads the strategy, research, writing, and submission of grant proposals, Letters of Intent (LOI), grant reports, and materials/correspondence needed to support Human…
Medical Insurance, PTO, 403K
Medical Insurance, PTO, 403K