Details: Dependent upon level of experience.
3040 Williams Drive
Country Director - Sydney, Australia
Purpose of the Job
The Coptic Orphans Australia Country Director is a capable executive professional who serves as the face of the organization in Australia, and is the senior leader for staff and operations of the office. The incumbent leads strategic planning, growth, and management of all operations and personnel in the office; holds overall responsibility for administration and fiscal management of operations and programs; leads strategic management for expansion and networking with donor agencies; responsible for strategic management of donor services including sponsorship. He/she represents the organization before government representatives, sponsors, partner agencies, local institutions, and the media in Australia. This professional works to ensure integration of the Australia Office with the Headquarters Office in the USA and other offices of Coptic Orphans.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Implements and monitors Coptic Orphans' policies in the operations of the office.
- Networks with members of the Coptic Community to bring in new thoughts, ideas, and expertise.
- Identifies areas requiring improvement and creates tools/strategies to overcome them, including greater efficiencies and compliance in daily operations.
- Facilitates all activities between Coptic Orphans Headquarters and the Australia office, as well as Egypt Office as appropriate. Ensures open flow of clear and effective communication among staff in Australia and all other CO offices.
- Promotes goodwill and maintains the integrity and reputation of Coptic Orphans with all beneficiaries, staff, church leaders, other organizations, and the general public.
- Ensures the highest standard of service delivery through professional development, continuous improvement and proactively seeking capacity building opportunities.
- Maintains the financial integrity of all programs through development, review, and monitoring of the office budget.
- Effectively supervises all staff of the Australia office.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in Public Administration, Management, developmental sector or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive management responsibility in an NGO or nonprofit organization to include significant operation and staff management.
- Demonstrated effective management skills and experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a central operations office and remote reporting.
- Proven track record of program management, implementation, and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience in finance and grants management, budget control and strategic planning.
- Outstanding communication skills, a must, (verbal and written) in English. Working knowledge of spoken Arabic, reading a plus.
- Deep connection with or exposure to the Coptic Community and the Coptic Church.
- Strong team building, and representational skills
Fiscal Responsibilities (budgeting responsibilities, approval privileges on purchase orders and check requests, reporting and auditing functions)
- The Australia Country Director participates in the creation of the annual office budget and has overall approval for all office expenses according to the office's budget. He/she determines the delegation of expenditure approval to direct report staff.
- The Australia Country Director is responsible for the internal auditing and reporting of all Australia finances to the Executive Director.
Extent of Public Contact (within and outside the organization)
- The Australia Country Director is the public face of the organization in the country and maintains contact and good relations through regular meetings and contact with all Coptic Orphans' partners, stakeholders, and interested parties, including schools, churches, non-governmental organizations, etc.
Physical Demands (walking, lifting, carrying, etc)
- Typical office administration work environment, which may be limited to computer work, typing, walking and occasional lifting of boxes or luggage during travel.
Work Conditions and Environment (i.e., necessary travel, unusual work hours, etc.)
- Requires some in-country travel and occasional travel to the United States and Egypt; may need to work on some weekends and/or evenings.
We are committed to a Child-Safe environment as the children's dignity, safety, and well-being are at the center of all we do. As such, all selected candidates will be required to submit to a background check, or a working with children check, at the start of their employment. Continued employment is contingent upon the check indicating clear records of any child-related violations.
Level of Language Proficiency
Outstanding communication skills, a must, (verbal and written) in English.
Working knowledge of spoken Arabic, reading a plus.
Minimum Education Required