Details: Salary is commensurate with experience, including benefits package.
125 Maiden Lane
Hazon works to create healthier and more sustainable communities in the Jewish world and beyond. We’re the largest dedicated environmental organization in the American Jewish community. In aggregate we’re seeking to shift the nature of what it means to be Jewish in the 21st century – enabling and encouraging Jewish people to have an impact in the world and transforming Jewish life in the process. We are based in New York City and the Isabella Freedman Jewish Retreat Center in Falls Village CT. We also have offices in Denver, Boulder, and Detroit.
Hazon is seeking a Cycling Events & Engagement Coordinator to support the planning and execute Hazon’s multi-day fundraising bicycle rides as well as other smaller, supporting events. This position is ideal for the outgoing, entrepreneurial go getter, with experience in program planning, recruiting, alumni engagement, and marketing. If you love to travel, enjoy the outdoors, are passionate about the environment, and want to make a difference we encourage you to apply!
The successful candidate must be an articulate communicator, a skilled influencer, and highly organized. This person will also be comfortable speaking in public to promote Hazon and the rides, will be responsible for planning, directing, and managing all New York Ride activity, concentrating on events, engagement, recruiting and logistics. Last, but most important, our new team member will recognize that no job is too big or too small. Everyone in the bikes department rolls up their sleeves to get things done in a timely manner. Whether creating analytic focused reports or organizing a storage unit, our newest team member will approach jobs with a positive sense of team spirit and a can-do attitude.
· Lead coordination on all aspects, big and small, of the NY Ride and Retreat
· Organize about 20-25 national Tribe Rides
· Support coordination for the Israel Ride
· Lead the building and engagement of our volunteer Event Committee
· Help produce content for NY Ride & Retreat alumni/rider communications which includes newsletters, participant emails and social media pages
· Maintain NY Ride and Retreat webpages
· Provide excellent customer service to riders and alumni when needed
· Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni in the NY Ride and Retreat recruiting zone
· Identify and recruit potential riders and participants for the NY Ride and Retreat and Tribe Rides through building alumni relationships, research and network.
· A minimum of 3 years of recruitment and/or peer-to-peer development experience
· Demonstrated ability to build and market comprehensive, effective and creative events/multi-day programs.
· Strong event planning abilities, attention to detail, and creative thinking process for promoting and populating said events.
· Outstanding relationship-building skills.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong work ethic, ability to work under pressure while remaining outgoing and positive.
· Analytical thinker proficient in analyzing and reporting data for trends, best practices, and growth
· Proficiency with excel required.
· Proficiency with Facebook & Instagram for business.
Full benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), flexible spending account, 403(b), and more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Cycling Events & Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting immediately.
Salary is commensurate with experience, including benefits package.
Hazon is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. Hazon will make all employment decisions for staff and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, alienage, citizenship or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and development, benefits, promotion, demotion transfer, discipline or termination. All Hazon staff, regardless of position, are expected to maintain and live up to the true meaning of nondiscrimination.