Jewish Community Services Building
2100 Arch Street
The Associate of Development Communications supports the Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia’s fundraising programs. The Associate is a key part of the team responsible for implementing donor cultivation, stewardship, and recognition programs to enhance our relationship with prospective and existing donors including promoting recognition of giving at all levels. The individual will play an integral role in crafting the messaging and strategy for high-profile donor stewardship. The position reports to the Director of Development Communications and Engagement. The ideal candidate has a passion for improving our communities, has excellent writing, management, and layout skills, and is highly motived and detail-oriented.
Major Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with the Development team to implement programs and activities designed to maintain and cultivate long-term, quality relationships with donors that lead to deepening commitment and philanthropic support.
- Deliver a donor relations and communications system including programmatic communications, cultivation messages, and targeted event follow up.
- Produce and write copy for communications and fundraising materials such as major gift proposals, stewardship reports, personal philanthropy reports, and other campaign materials.
- Work with the Development and Marketing team as well as outside agencies (as necessary) to manage multi-tiered annual community campaign strategies.
- Write and produce other campaign and related communications as needed in collaboration with the Director, Development Communications and Engagement, Deputy Chief Development Officer and Director of Marketing and Communications.
- Assist the Development staff in communications materials for affinities and committees designed to engage and steward donors.
Successful Candidates Will Possess These Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Self-motivated, highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail and a team-oriented approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. All applicants will be asked to submit writing samples.
- Proven experience in writing campaign materials.
- Ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, and effectively with internal and external constituencies.
- High level of maturity and personal integrity and ability to understand, develop, and sustain relationships with donors, colleagues, and senior management.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated creative thinker who has the ability to collaborate with Development Staff and to strategize plans to retain and engage donors.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment that requires managing multiple activities and priorities with tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge of development software is a plus.
Education & Experience:
- Three to five years of experience in development or communications, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Expertise in InDesign, Adobe and other creative software applications.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Minimum Education Required