115 Broad St.
The Victim Rights Law Center’s Massachusetts office is hiring an attorney who will represent survivors at the intersection of immigration and employment related needs! As the national dialogue about sexual violence highlights the legal needs of sexual assault victims, more survivors are coming forward with their safety, privacy, education, housing, employment, financial stability, and immigration needs. We need smart, compassionate staff to join us in leading a new response to sexual violence.
The Victim Rights Law Center (VRLC) is a nonprofit law center that provides free legal representation to victims of sexual assault throughout Massachusetts and in Oregon, and national training and support for lawyers and advocates on the civil legal needs of rape and sexual assault victims. The VRLC’s mission is to provide legal representation to victims of rape and sexual assault to help rebuild their lives; and to promote a national movement committed to seeking justice for every rape and sexual assault victim. All applicants must align themselves with the VRLC’s mission statement and philosophy regarding our commitment to transforming the response to sexual violence through survivor-led legal practice that centers the needs and experiences of survivors experiencing oppression. This position will be filled by a candidate with a strong work ethic, good sense of humor, and a commitment to serving marginalized or underserved populations. People of color, LGBTQI+ individuals, survivors, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide sexual assault survivors with comprehensive legal consultations, representation, and referrals
- Represent immigrant survivors of sexual assault in a range of immigration-remedies including U, T, removal defense, asylum, and VAWA Self-petitions
- Represent immigrant survivors of sexual assault in intersecting employment law-related matters
- Provide sexual assault survivors with legal assistance in the areas of safety and privacy
- Participate in weekly intake and case assessment meetings
- Conduct strategic outreach to community partners
- Participate in the collection of accurate client services data
- Work collaboratively with a team of lawyers throughout the Commonwealth
- Other duties as assigned
- Admitted to practice law in Massachusetts and in good standing
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a practicing attorney
- Valid driver’s license and comfort driving throughout the Commonwealth
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Experience representing on immigration and/or employment matters
- Experience working with trauma survivors and/or underserved communities
The VRLC provides excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, long & short-term disability insurance, paid holiday, personal, vacation, and sick leave, 403b plan with employer match, free monthly transit pass, and a caring and innovative work environment!
Level of Language Proficiency
Must be bilingual in Spanish and/or Portuguese.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, e-mail us your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with both your last name and “Employment/Immigration Attorney” as the subject of your email. Applications that do not contain all required items will not be considered. No phone calls please.