Business Lending Specialist for NYC Credit Union
- Job posted by Lower East Side People's Federal Credit Union
Details: LESPFCU offers an excellent benefits package and competitive salaries, commensurate with experience.
Lower East Side People’s Federal Credit Union (LESPFCU) is a non-profit financial cooperative organized in 1986 that promotes economic justice and opportunity in NYC neighborhoods. LESPFCU is $50 million in assets and we specialize in serving financially the low-and-moderate income neighborhoods in NYC.
The Business Lending Specialist will be accountable for connecting with business owners, finding business loan borrowers, preparing and executing the business loan package. The ideal candidate is committed to our mission of economic justice, a team player, cultivates partner relationships, understands the importance of knowing the business services inside and outside the credit union, and he/she is proactive with meeting goals. The four components of this position are as follow:
Business Loan Origination, Underwriting and Closing
- Prepare and execute loan applications and required supporting documents
- Perform due diligence in underwriting consistent with credit union loan policy
- Provide technical assistance with prospective and existing borrowers: assist business members with their financial statements, other credit union business services, and refer them to appropriate partners when needed.
- Report financial status of existing businesses, including visits to their locations.
- Search, identify, and connect with business owners
- Reach out to community partners, CDCs, BIDs, Elected Officials and Trade Associations to meet small business owners.
- Maintain accurate and in compliance loan files at all times.
- Perform annual loan portfolio review as indicated by Commercial Loan Manager
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associate / Bachelor Degree and a-year related work experience preferred
- Proficiency with MS Excel is required
- Highly organized and able to work independently to meet deadlines
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Able to work some evenings and weekends for outreach presentations or events
- Spanish speaker preferred
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and brief cover letter. We regret that we will be unable to respond to each applicant. We will only contact candidates being considered for interviews. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.