Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits package.
The Center for Court Innovation is a non-profit organization that works to create a more effective and humane justice system by performing original research and helping launch reforms around the world. The Center creates operating projects that have been documented to improve public safety and reduce the use of jail and prison. Nationally and internationally, the Center performs original research on topics of justice reform and provides consulting services to criminal justice innovators.
Its operating project, Bronx Community Solutions (BCS), is located within the Bronx Criminal Court building. The goal of BCS is to provide judges with increased sentencing options for non-violent offences, such as drug possession, prostitution and shoplifting. Combining punishment with assistance, BCS seeks to reduce the Bronx’s reliance on ineffective short-term jail sentences and build public confidence in the system, both by holding offenders accountable and offering them needed assistance to avoid further criminal conduct.
Reporting to the Deputy Project Director, the Office Manager will perform administrative and programmatic duties to support operations for all programs at the Bronx Community Solutions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Oversee the supplies inventory including ordering, tracking inventory, and communicating with staff around supply needs across initiatives
· Maintaining relationship with vendors - process vendor invoice payments, place orders with vendors, reconcile deliveries and contact vendors relating to equipment maintenance
· Supporting the Project Director, Deputy Director, Program Coordinators and Supervisors, as needed
· Developing and maintaining department contact lists and related pertinent staff information
· Maintaining the BCS calendar
· Coordinating special events with staff and community partners
· Coordinating the logistics of the Community Advisory Board quarterly meetings, attending the meetings, managing attendance records, preparing the agenda and recording the meeting minutes
· Developing and maintaining relationships with partner agencies and stakeholders
· Coordinate and facilitate onboarding for new employees
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred, excellent communication and writing skills required. Experience using various Microsoft programs, such as Word, Access, Excel, and Power Point preferred. This position requires an organized and creative individual who is willing to learn office management systems and who can work well in a on a fast-paced environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply: Send resume and cover letter to:
Subject line: BCS Office Manager
Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls please.