Details: Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, Non-Exempt
256 West 38th Street
Job Path supports people with developmental disabilities as they make choices about their lives and play valued roles in their communities. Job Path encourages people to explore what they want out of life and to chart their own journeys. Whether it’s finding a job, making a contribution in a volunteer role, establishing a home, or being part of the community, the goal is to assist the person to lead a full and active life.
Job Path is seeking a Staff Accountant, with a focus on Accounts Payable, to join its Finance department. The Staff Accountant will also be responsible for processing payments for our self-directed programs. Job Path’s Self-Direction Department supports individuals and their families as they manage their own budgets to follow their interests and achieve their goals at home and in their communities. The Staff Accountant will supervise a Fiscal Assistant to ensure follow through of necessary tasks.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following tasks:
- Review and process 150-200 invoices monthly with appropriate documentation and approval.
- Charge expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices and recording entries on the general ledger.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Prepare and perform check runs, sort and match checks with invoices. Obtain signatures on all checks, prepare checks for distributing and mailing. Upload checks through the secure positive pay system.
- Update and maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and general accepted accounting practices
- Manage individual budgets of Fiscal Intermediary and Individual Support Services
- Provide supervision and oversight to Fiscal Assistant
- Review and prepare 1099 Forms and filings with the IRS on a timely basis.
- Provide account analysis and account reconciliation as needed
- Assist in year-end audit
- Perform other assigned duties
Qualifications: BA/BS/BBA in accounting, finance, or other related business field preferred. 2-3 years non-for-profit experience necessary. Applicant must be highly proficient in Excel; accounting software knowledge is necessary, Fund E-Z software is recommended. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must.
The selected candidate must be someone who is self-sufficient, resourceful, and committed to working for an accredited organization that supports people with developmental disabilities. The candidate should be detail oriented and with excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently in a fast paced non-profit environment, as well as with a team. Strong follow-up skills are needed, the candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
The ideal candidate must have a sense of urgency, and ability to execute daily tasks and meet deadlines. Confidentiality must be maintained at all times, as Job Path must maintain HIPAA compliance.
Reports to: Director of Finance
*Please note: Only applicants we feel meet requirements of the position will be contacted for an interview
**Job Path is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on races, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, employment, or citizenship status.**
Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, STD/LTD/Life & AD&D, Work/Life Assistance Program (EAP), ability to contribute to pre-tax commuter and medical FSA plans, 403b pension with employer match after two years of employment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To be considered for this recruitment, you must submit your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and three professional references (with contact information) via our jobs board linked above. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter.
Or, send all application materials via fax to 212-921-5342 or mail to:
Attn: Hiring Manager
256 West 38th Street 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018