Job Scope/Summary: The volunteer coordinator is the individual who manages volunteers and volunteer programs to support victims on behalf of DVCCC.
• The volunteer coordinator handles the recruiting, interviewing, selecting, training, scheduling, supervising, and evaluating of volunteers.
• The volunteer coordinator also works to ensure that the volunteer activities meet the victim’s needs.
• The volunteer coordinator coordinates the database of volunteers and maintains the volunteer management record keeping system.
• The volunteer coordinator manages recognition, risk management, and communication for volunteers
• The Volunteer Coordinator will work with DVCCC’s individual programs to determine the extent of the services needed for each victim program.
• The Volunteer Coordinator will build community among volunteers and victims.
• The Volunteer Coordinator will raise awareness and refer victims to other appropriate resources.
• Ability to lead groups of people.
• Excellent listening and communication skills.
• Creative in structuring programs to keep volunteers engaged.
• Good organizational and collaboration skills.
• Reliable and committed.
• Has the ability to effectively present information.
• Strong commitment to the mission and goals of DVCCC, professional work goals and personal development.
• Through knowledge and understanding of issues confronted by victims of abuse.
• Able to work with victims and their children. Able to work with a diverse population and assist them with addressing their victimization.
• Attend a minimum of 15 hours of training annually
• Complete PCADV’S required 45-hour counselor/advocate training
• Fill in the required data collection information. Prepare a monthly progress and challenge report for supervisor.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Products.
• Must have transportation to travel.
• Must be willing to work flexible hours to meet program needs and grantor accountability requirements.
• Adhere to all agency policies and procedures( attendance, work hours, paperwork, etc)
• Childcare, criminal and FBI clearances as required by the state and DVCCC.
The information provided in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. Management has sole discretion to add or modify duties of the job and to designate other functions as essential at any time. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or related field.
• Three years related experience.
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Medical/Dental Benefits and 401k
Minimum Education Required