Full Time Temporary
AFS-USA is part of a worldwide network of AFS partner organizations that work together to advance global education and foster meaningful connections across cultures. As the network’s largest partner, AFS-USA works to increase the global competency of U.S. citizens by providing a variety of international and intercultural learning experiences to individuals, families, schools, and communities. We are proud of our Staff of approximately 200 dedicated individuals, working from our national office in New York City as well as home offices across the county, who collaborate with our more than 4,000 AFS-USA Volunteers to deliver high quality programs and global education resources. These include: immersion based study abroad experiences in over 40 countries worldwide; opportunities to host foreign AFS exchange students; and global learning workshops and curricula for educator, schools and businesses.
The seasonal Quality Assurance Assistant is responsible for the final review of host family applications. Job duties include secondary review of host family applications to ensure adherence to AFS-USA’s acceptance criteria, AFS International standards and US Department of State Exchange Visitor regulations, as well as CSIET Standards; communications with AFS-USA staff to ensure complete and appropriate screening of host families. The Quality Assurance Assistant will track and communicate discrepancies to other AFS staff and follow up on missing items as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
Evening, weekend and seasonally variable work hours should be expected. Opportunities for scheduling time off during peak season (June-August) are limited.
- Review host family applications for completeness and compliance with relevant standards, regulations and acceptance criteria and coordinate with relevant staff, volunteers and applicants to ensure completeness, obtain relevant clarification or additional screening steps as appropriate.
- Communicate any concerns or issues regarding placement quality to the appropriate Quality Assurance and Compliance Coordinator and/or the Manager of Quality Assurance and Compliance.
- Assist with follow-up to field staff and weekly compliance statistic reporting.
- Assist with compilation and recording of Quality Assessment data.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of data.
- Support the Quality Assurance and Compliance Coordinators and/or Manager of Quality Assurance and Compliance in following up on and obtaining information for secondary reviews.
- Assist RMCQA staff with other duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum 1 year work experience and/or education that demonstrates effective use of the knowledge and skills listed above, for example experience in admission, customer service, research, quality assurance and compliance
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Experience in international or intercultural education preferred
- Detail oriented
- Comfortable with linear thinking and processes
- Well organized and able to effectively manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Customer service oriented
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team
- Able to work with confidential information in an appropriate manner
- Able to work with people of diverse backgrounds
May through November.
AFS-USA is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. AFS-USA prohibits all forms of unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including behavior which targets an individual or group based on perceived or actual characteristics, such as but not limited to: race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, age, disability, military service, veteran status, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, familial status, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, alienage, citizenship status, caregiver status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sex offense or stalking, unemployment status, status as a certified medical marijuana patient or any other legally protected classification.
Pre-tax commuter Benefits and NY Sick Leave
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Do you want to join the AFS-USA Team?! To apply, please click on the link. Please include your cover letter and resume in the application. No phone calls please.