1530 Westlake Avenue N, Suite 400
The Investment and Partnerships Manager (IPM) will serve on a team to promote Washington Water Trust’s work and its vision for the future through the engagement and contributions of individuals, foundations, corporations and government agencies. S/he/they will be responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships with a portfolio of perspective partners and investors in WWT. The IPM will take a lead role in soliciting investment of time, talent and financial contributions that will maximize WWT’s ability to preserve and restore rivers and streams throughout Washington state.
Major Responsibilities and Expectations
- Develop and implement recognition events for WWT donors and partners.
- Organize and manage WWT’s annual event, the Wild and Scenic Film Festival.
- Proactively solicit and close sponsorship deals for all events.
- Oversee vendor relationships, negotiate contracts and manage timelines and deliverables.
- Manage event volunteers leading up to and on the day of events, assigning tasks and answering questions.
- Manage WWT staff engagement the day of and week before events.
- Assist in the creation and execution of WWT’s 5-year development plan.
- Support all activities that will ensure major contributions of $1.5 in year over year annual contributions from corporate partnerships, individual investors and grants.
- Increase, year over year, number of potential donors, foundations, corporations in donor database.
- Initiate, contact, cultivate and solicit potential investors and donors at differing thresholds.
- Collaborate with Grant Writer to create grant proposals to private family foundations.
- Execute fundraising messages based on business plan and strategies by acting as WWT spokesperson and ambassador.
- Oversee donor database and help manage portfolio of 150 – 350 donors/donor prospects.
- Maintain donor contacts and donor acknowledgements.
- Manage online and direct mail donation activities.
- Help develop and deliver communication materials appropriate to different donors and capacities.
- Contribute to newsletters targeting messaging to engage various stakeholders and potential investors.
- Contribute to the cultivation of WWT’s online/web-based presence. Provide compelling content and timely updates for the website.
- Set social media strategy for fundraising efforts and update various platforms with timely updates.
- Produce monthly performance reports and metrics, including investments solicited and obtained.
- In collaboration with Project Managers, Senior Project Managers contribute to the performance metrics dashboard and integrate the impact of WWT projects into fundraising materials.
- Support Executive Director and project management staff in crafting grant proposals.
- Participate in planning and implementation efforts.
- Other duties as necessary to support rapid program growth.
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years’ successful experience in development/fundraising, volunteer organization, management or sales experience
- Ability to interact with and engage a broad range of leaders in the social sector, business, government and philanthropy
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and independently
- Experience cultivating and soliciting donor gifts and commitments
- Experience with donor management software/databases
- Demonstrated accountability for development outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree in related fields such as education, business, psychology, non-profit management
- Passion for WWT mission and a confident and positive attitude
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Proven organizational skills
- Highly tuned listening skills
- Proven success cultivating and soliciting large donor gifts and commitments
- Experience with Salesforce a plus
- Experience in use of social media related to cultivating and soliciting potential donors
- Public relations experience
- Experience in face-to-face and telephone interactions
- Flexibility and nimbleness; able to respond to multiple demands
- Experience in managing events that require planning and organization skills
- Graduate degree in related fields a plus
- Sales experience, especially in consultative selling
Conditions of Position
This full-time position reports to WWT Executive Director.
Position is located in Seattle Washington, requires travel within the State of Washington, and includes exposure to outdoor conditions.
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience. WWT offers an excellent benefits package including health, vision and dental insurance, paid time off, 401K savings plan with company contributions, and a lifestyle-friendly working environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to:
1530 Westlake Ave N, Ste 400
Seattle, WA 98109
or email email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until August 16, 2018 or until filled.
Washington Water Trust (WWT) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization working to preserve and restore rivers and streams throughout Washington. WWT is an equal opportunity employer.