1317 G Street NW
District of Columbia
The mission of The Church of the Epiphany, an Episcopal Church in the heart of Washington DC, is to serve the downtown poor, the downtown workers and to be an inclusive multiethnic faith community where all are accepted. About half of our Sunday worshipers include the working poor and those who are currently or formerly experiencing homelessness.
Epiphany is looking for a Community Relations Manager to direct the overlapping functions of programming and fundraising. Belonging to the Episcopal faith is not a requirement for employment, but commitment to Epiphany’s mission is.
- Building support for and visibility of Epiphany programming. This work includes approaching foundations and individuals for funding; drafting Letters of Intent and grant applications; and providing reports and updates to funders.
- Coordinating programs at Epiphany, including the Welcome Table and the Tuesday concert series
- Launching and managing weekly “Conversations” series
- Engaging with other local nonprofits serving the homeless population of D.C., with the goal of designing or participating in collaborative programs
- Helping to form an advisory committee to support programs and fundraising.
- Collaborating with Rector, staff, and Vestry on all of the above
Salary commensurate with experience. No phone calls please.
Minimum Education Required