We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic full-time infrastructure and support engineer to work on our internal data stack. As a part of the RIP Medical Debt Info Systems team, you’ll be working in a cross-functional capacity developing and supporting infrastructure for our custom data management solutions. This is a hybrid role in a small but rapidly growing non-profit organization and is a great opportunity to contribute in an impactful way to the growth and scalability of our debt relief programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the design and development of cloud infrastructure for the data stack
- Maintain and improve RIP Medical Debt’s network and data security protocols, ensuring compliance with HIPAA regulations and guidelines
- Assist in the development and maintenance of deployment automation tools and pipeline
- Development and maintenance of centralized application monitoring tools
- Responding to critical system failures, including some degree of debugging where appropriate
- Responding to IT helpdesk requests from across the organization
- Assisting with onboarding and offboarding staff on various cloud applications (Gmail/Office/Asana etc.)
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Working directly as a part of a small software development team, contributing to standups, sprint planning, etc.
- Manage and report on activity via project management tools (Jira, Asana, etc.)
- Adhere to the organization's conflict of interest and code of ethics policies
Required Work Experience
- 3-4 years experience in cloud infrastructure development on AWS
- 3-4 years of application support experience including knowledge of deployment orchestration solutions such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- 2-4 years experience in helpdesk support with knowledge of administration of Office365, Google Workspace, Okta, and similar cloud software
- Experience with solutions such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Experience in software deployment with Ansible
- Experience working in a professional software development team setting, familiarity with Scrum, or other agile development practice
- Bachelor degree in computer science, data engineering, mathematics or related software development focus