Advanced Energy Economy (AEE) is seeking a staff accountant to join our San Francisco-based finance and accounting team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will have accounting experience, preferably in a small to mid-size non-profit organization. Must be an organized self-starter who has had responsibility for a wide variety of accounting functions. Must also be a team-player who can work well with others inside the organization, and communicate effectively with member and donor organizations as necessary.
AEE is a non-profit business association working to make the global energy system more secure, clean, and affordable. Just as the Internet economy transformed society in unexpected ways, the advanced energy economy has the potential to create dramatic new opportunities for economic growth in the U.S. and around the world. In working to create a better business climate for advanced energy, you will have an unprecedented opportunity to work on the cutting edge of energy policy. We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
● Manage member invoicing and collections in a timely fashion; reconcile accounting records to Salesforce
● Use our accounts payable system to properly code vendor invoices and ensure that proper accounting protocol and backup documents are in place
● Manage backup and reconciliation of corporate credit card; ensure receipt of adequate backup and proper general ledger coding
● Assist the Senior Finance Manager with grant reporting and grant setup. Requires frequent interaction with internal grant administrator to ensure the capture of all relevant spending.
● Assist with monthly close process, including journal preparation for prepaids and accruals.
● Assist with monthly balance sheet account reconciliations
● Perform monthly bank reconciliations for eight bank accounts.
● Works with the Senior Finance Manager to maintain all accounting systems, including Chart of Accounts
● Assist the Senior Finance Manager with the annual audit process and backup files.
● Assist the Senior Finance Manager and Senior Vice President, Administration with the annual tax preparation process and backup files.
● Work with the Senior Finance Manager to improve accounting policies and procedures and to speed up the month-end and year-end close process
● Assist in other general accounting functions and reconciliations as needed
● 3 years experience as an Accountant with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
● Prior accounting experience in a nonprofit or trade association environment
● Knowledge of and experience working with US GAAP
● Proficiency with accounting software and other supporting software (Intacct, Bill.com, and Expensify experience preferred)
● High degree of proficiency with Excel and use of its advanced forumlas and functions (e.g. Pivot Tables,VLOOKUP, etc.)
● Excellent writing / verbal communication skills
● Strong attention to detail and commitment to confidentiality
● Positive attitude, and ability and willingness to work with a variety of people
● Interest in working in a mission-driven environment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. AEE is an equal opportunity employer.