Join Habitat's mission! Become a part of the Housing Development Team as a Project Manager. The Project Manager (PM) is a full time, exempt position, responsible for managing the new home subdivision development process after Tentative Map approval until home sales on multiple projects simultaneously. Manage the home renovation acquisition and construction process from purchase until the home sales on multiple projects simultaneously. Manage the General Contracting construction process from request for pricing to project completion.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Coach and manage other project management staff as needed
- Create and manage schedules, budgets, sales prices, & cash flows
- Manage projects to their approved budget and schedule and communicate risks/cost overruns/delays as appropriate; coordinate the project-related work of internal staff to ensure adherence to project budgets and schedules
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with government representatives to obtain all necessary discretionary approvals and permits and government funding
- Solicit bids and negotiate consultant agreements and related vendor contracts
- Manage performance of architects, consultants, attorneys, engineers, and other project specialists and team members
- Manage internal and external design processes after Tentative Map through home sales, including grading permits, utility service design, engineering permits, recorded Final Map, and building permits
- Prepare grant applications for all governmental grants and financing
- Assist with securing private construction loans, closing loans, and ensure all construction financing is in place prior to start of construction
- Act as team lead for projects under construction and work closely with construction staff
- Calculate and approve final sales prices, including the amount and financing terms of all mortgages
- Manage California Bureau of Real Estate approval and legally form and set up Homeowner Associations
- Coordinate the home sales process with all internal staff to ensure the timely closing of homes
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum four years’ experience in housing and/or real estate development, real estate finance, or a related field
- Experience and knowledge in developing subdivisions within deadline/budget from Tentative Map approval to home sales
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Business, Real Estate, Architecture, or Planning desired (Master’s degree is a plus)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient at managing a project budget in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in managing a project schedule in Microsoft Project desired
- Ability to work effectively with different social and economic groups in community meetings and guide the community design process and acceptance
- Commitment to affordable housing development and specifically Habitat’s vision
- Possess a temperament suitable to create a work environment that is cheerful, productive and inclusive
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Primarily office work, some travel within our service area of Contra Costa, Alameda, and Santa Clara County will be required. Occasional night and weekend meetings as needed.
Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. We revitalize neighborhoods, build affordable and sustainable housing solutions, and empower families through successful homeownership. Since 1986, we have partnered with volunteers, the community, and qualified families with limited incomes to strengthen communities in Alameda, Contra Costa, and Santa Clara Counties.
Competitive pay, medical, dental, vision benefits, matching 403(b) plan, generous leave time. Great culture!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates must submit both a resume and cover letter.