1133 19th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Director, Special Giving Programs position is a hands-on role managing an expanding centralized integrated fundraising program on behalf of our organization headquarters and US Programs (Chapters). S/He actively leads campaign development and execution, with particular emphasis on telefunding, monthly giving, mid-level, and canvassing initiatives, in conjunction with direct mail and online fundraising.
· Leads telefunding strategy and execution within established production timelines and budgets, and in coordination with external agency and supplier partners, including:
- Creative review – script and copy, layout, localization
- Audience segmentation strategy, list planning
- Testing strategy development
· Oversees day-to-day relationship with call centers and manages telefunding initiatives to ensure quality growth within centralized telefunding efforts. This includes monitoring and analyzing campaign performance to substantiate strategic direction and course-correct as necessary.
· Monitors weekly reporting of calls into dedicated donor services toll-free number to identify and elevate potential issues, and update donor records.
· Oversees outsourced mid-level concierges, including training, strategy, and script review/approval.
· Develops overall program strategy, including messaging and segmentation.
· Supports Strategic Gifts in the development and implementation of virtual events to advance donor engagement.
· Creates business rules and backend processes for gift attribution and the movement of donors across giving levels.
· Grows SOI’s base of monthly giving donors and revenue through mail, phone, canvassing, and digital channels.
· Manages and implements sustainer acquisition, reactivation, and upgrade campaigns and ensures integration of new and/or current strategies.
· Retains active monthly donors and minimizes attrition through active follow up and stewardship efforts including database management and effective communication strategies.
· Devises and implements business rules and back-end processes, including quality controls.
· Tracks and reports KPIs including revenue, expenses, retention, and cost to acquire.
· Leads strategy and day-to-day operations of canvassing program, serving as the point person for canvassing partner.
· Analyzes campaign reporting against established KPIs.
· Supervises implementation of new tests and on-boarding of additional markets, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum 7 years of related professional experience, including nonprofit fund development.
- Successful experience managing a direct marketing program, with specific experience in telefunding, annual giving, canvassing and monthly giving.
- Ability to interact and collaborate successfully with people at various levels of the organization, chapters, consultants and vendors.
- Excellent attention to detail and timelines.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and production process skills.
· Proven ability to balance competing priorities, complex situations, and tight deadlines.
- Prior experience working with a chapter-based organization.
· Proficiency in SOI’s the database systems (Team Approach and Blue State Digital tool).
· Experience overseeing database conversions is a big plus.
Special Olympics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to working in a multicultural environment. Applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans are welcomed and encouraged.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at www.specialolympics.org - Professional Opportunities.