JOIN AN AMAZING TEAM. DO AMAZING WORK.
RIF is the leading champion for children’s literacy, empowering millions of children to read, learn and grow. We are committed to a literate America by inspiring a passion for reading among all children, providing quality content and resources to make an impact, and engaging communities in the solution to give every child the fundamentals for success.
RIF offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental & vision plans, generous annual leave, a 403(b) plan with company contribution, and company paid life and disability.
Reporting to the Controller, the Project Accountant will work closely with the Development and Program Activation and Implementation teams, and the CFO to provide regular reporting of grant-funded projects, bookstore allocations, as well as receipts and distributions of donated book inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in preparing project budgets for inclusion in funding proposals.
- Prepare monthly financial reports for RIF department and program managers; review reports for all funded projects with the Program Activation and Implementation team to review progress of work against the budget.
- Prepare regular reporting of hours reported by funded project (bi-weekly, monthly, and year to date) and review with the Program Activation and Implementation team.
- Based on regular financial analysis of funded projects, work with the Controller to ensure revenue is properly recognized for all program deliverables that have been fulfilled.
- Maintain grant files including final signed grant agreements, approved grant budgets, and other relevant grant information.
- Respond to requests for information on various grants and assist with the preparation of reports for funders.
- Assist in managing and coordination of follow-up with funders regarding outstanding payments.
- Working with the Program Activation and Implementation team, ensure bookstore allocations and available balances are accurately reflected in the RIF Bookstore and Salesforce by site, program, and funder. Monitor allocation balances to ensure sites are placing orders timely and that allocation balances are properly updated for books distributed. Communicate adjustments to allocation balances, as needed, to ensure amounts are accurate and agree between the RIF Bookstore, Salesforce, and the General Ledger.
- Assist with record keeping of donated inventory (receipts and distributions), and assist the Controller with reconciling balances to the General Ledger as part of the month-end close process.
- Assist with tracking metrics for books allocated and distributed by funder and source.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree with a major in accounting or finance preferred, or equivalent work experience.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- At least 1-2 years working in an accounting/finance department.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and reliable.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Customer Service focused; ability to work collaboratively with RIF employees across the organization.
- Experience with automated accounting systems (specifically Intacct) and in an environment that integrates financial accounting (the General Ledger) with project accounting (Salesforce) is highly desirable.
- Experience and capability in developing and using spreadsheet applications (Excel) of intermediate or advanced complexity to manipulate data and provide reporting is required. VLOOKUP and PIVOT tables experience is required. Experience in developing, implementing, and using relational database applications is desirable.
- Capacity to work in a collegial environment that depends heavily on teamwork.
- Understanding of and commitment to the mission of Reading Is Fundamental.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter including your salary requirement, and resume for consideration at this link only:
For further information on RIF, please visit: www.rif.org
RIF is an equal opportunity employer.