The Publisher Development Associate is a vital position within the BioOne organization, reporting to the Director of Product Management and working closely with other staff on strategic issues. Though broad in scope and encompassing numerous responsibilities, the primary directive of this position is to manage relationships with over 150 publishers in the BioOne community through day-to-day communications, formal reporting activities, and organization of data.
A priority of this position is to increase strategic services and benefits for BioOne publishing partners, which involves working to retain publishers and explore new publishing partnerships. As a nonprofit, mission-driven organization, it is crucial that the Publisher Development Associate align with and support BioOne’s organizational mission, vision, and strategic goals.
The Publisher Relations Associate is responsible and accountable for the relationships and communications with BioOne publishers, but may also take the lead in managing vendor/affiliate organization relationships as needed. In this role, the Publisher Relations Associate will:
· act as an intermediary between the publishing community and BioOne’s technology and customer service departments;
· increase awareness of existing and new services, benefits and opportunities (including, but not limited to, ancillary sales, Society Member Benefits Program, and website maximization opportunities);
· work closely with the staff on strategic planning initiatives and other organizational directives through the provision of community feedback, industry knowledge, and other research;
· prepare annual publisher reports and manage revenue share communication;
· manage the negotiation, renewal, termination and documentation of individual licensing agreements (ELAs/OLAs);
· manage the annual collection and distribution of Impact Factors. This includes gathering the data, distributing the information to each publisher individually, and posting the data to each publisher’s page on the digital library site;
· contribute to BioOne News, a periodic educational newsletter for the BioOne community, as well as provide material for press releases and informal notifications as needed;
· respond in a timely and professional manner to day-to-day email questions, requests and notifications from BioOne publishers and other community members, consulting and/or briefing colleagues as necessary.
· maintain the master BioOne publisher database, licensing and service agreements for participating BioOne publishers; update addresses and contacts; compile community statistics for internal decision making and annual reporting;
· assist new publishers with transition to the BioOne platform and communicate new collection details to relevant partners and the community at large;
· assist in financial tracking and management, to include validating and recording of monthly statements from relevant vendors;
· manage the BioOne Ambassador Award competition to publishers and nominees. This includes communicating with publishers, nominees, and judges, as well as working with the Sales & Marketing team to promote the winners;
· work with the Marketing team to coordinate and conduct Publishing Forums, Webinars, periodic censuses, surveys, BioDigest and additional useful material for our publishing partners; and,
· Organize and run the Publisher Advisory Board.
Skills and Experience
· 2-3 years experience in scholarly and digital publishing
· BA required
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Patient and flexible with the ability to be diplomatic
· Commitment to creating a more competitive scholarly communication marketplace
*Remote work is possible, but some travel will be required to attend meetings.
The Publisher Development Associate is a vital position within the BioOne organization, reporting to the Director of Product Management and working closely with other staff on strategic issues. Though broad in scope and…
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF, titled by last and first name.