About the Position
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization located in Washington, DC. CMBM has been a pioneer in the movement to make self-care, self-awareness and mutual support fundamental to healthy living and to the healing of population-wide stress and trauma around the world. Individuals, institutions, communities and countries have been transformed by using the Center’s model. Please visit cmbm.org for additional information.
The Center for Mind-Body Medicine is seeking a Program Coordinator to provide event logistics support for our training programs. Our ideal candidate is someone drawn to CMBM’s mission and passionate about creating seamless environments for our participants to learn and grow. This person revels in the small details while holding a vision for a successfully planned event, allowing our faculty to shine as educators and healers. The Program Coordinator will plan and manage the logistics of our training programs while providing superb customer service to potential and registered program participants. Currently, our work is all remote; traditionally, travel is required 7-12 times a year to manage training program logistics.
- Provide event planning, event management, and logistical support for CMBM’s Mind-Body Medicine programs, including: managing registration systems (building, monitoring registrations, payments, cancellations, billing); coordinate technological logistics of online training platforms; once we return to in-person trainings, working with event venue team (provide meeting room space needs, meals, sleeping rooms, lodging, and transportation); reviewing and editing course materials; managing and updating spreadsheets; coordinating faculty needs and collecting faculty documents (invoices, contracts, reimbursements, etc.).
- Provide customer service to program participants through email, phone, chat/text, and FAX during trainings.
- Provide clerical and administrative support, including: database entry, scanning, photocopying, printing, transcription, appointment scheduling, supplies management, shipping, and electronic document filing.
- Coordinate CEU/CME process, including: collecting materials from faculty, processing paperwork, managing due dates.
- Assist in outreach efforts for scholarship candidates and subsequent application processing.
- Assist in development and fundraising efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least two years of event management/event planning experience preferred.
- Self-motivated, self-managing, problem solver with the capacity to successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
- Strong communication and customer service skills, the ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and personalities, and a warm and friendly attitude.
- Highly organized with superb attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively balance time and prioritize tasks.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Full fluency in Office products and Google Apps. Experience with Adobe a plus.
- Ability to set-up and manage AV technology (projector, MP3 players, stereos, microphones, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English or Arabic/English) a plus - both verbal and written fluency.
- Experience working with military or veterans is appreciated.
- Competitive depending on experience and commensurate with the organization’s salary structure.