Details: Salary depends on experience. SAGE offers an exciting and unique work environment.
305 7th Avenue
The main responsibilities for the Receptionist position include greeting participants and guests upon arrival, contacting staff and announcing visitors, answering the phone and routing calls, and providing administrative support. This position is located within a senior center setting, is 25 hours per week (3PM-8PM weekdays) and reports to The Edie Windsor SAGE Center Site Manager.
· Ability to answer multiple phone lines, screen calls and transfer accordingly
· Willingness to learn about SAGE’s programming, both national and specific to The Edie Windsor SAGE Center and answer inquiries from callers and in-person visitors
· Provide administrative support to The Edie Windsor SAGE Center
· Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced environment
· Greet and direct participants and visitors entering the organization
· Register new SAGE Center Participants (guiding participant through registration form, taking photo, assigning
key tag, etc.)
· Maintain up to 20 participant event RSVP lists which includes collecting fees
· Personable with pleasant and professional demeanor
· Ability to multitask with excellent time-management skills
· Maintain reception and lobby area
Level of Language Proficiency
Education and Experience
· High school diploma or 5 years experience as Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role
· Proficiency with Microsoft suite, specifically Microsoft outlook
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Experience in aging field and/or LGBT services a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Receptionist” in the subject line. Resumes without a cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
SAGE believes in equal opportunity in employment. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, HIV serostatus, sexual orientation, veteran status, height, weight or disability.