The PF Academy Program Manager is responsible for the day-to-day program operations within a given DOC facility. Deliver PF Academy classroom curriculum and provide case management for program participants within prison. Provide one-on-one program coaching on a variety of topics.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Curriculum delivery of the PF Academy Curriculum using transformational teaching techniques. Conduct 1:1 monthly sessions with each program participant. Provide case planning for each participant developing individualized goals and reentry plan as appropriate. Maintain participant case files. Perform ongoing program assessment and evaluation.
- Responsible for participant recruitment and selection. Conducts interviews. Works with DOC to develop final candidate list for each class. Track participant population.
- Ensure adequate communication, coordination and compliance with the Department of Correction’s policies and procedures. Work with wardens and other corrections staff to approve and arrange special program needs.
- Promote PF Academy activities and communicate with Marketing for involvement with media. Work with Development and local Area Director to establish promotion plans and ensure consistency with PF’s overall messaging.
- Supervise assigned volunteers to include completion of ongoing training, completion of evaluations, and prompt reporting of any performance concerns. Monitor volunteer morale and provide ongoing encouragement.
Minimum years of relevant experience: 5+ years’ experience working personally with at-risk individuals, prisoners, or other relevant population; training and experience with substance abuse/recovery process
Education: College degree in Behavioral Science and 2 years’ experience working with at-risk individuals OR 6 years’ experience working with at-risk individuals
Knowledge areas: Demonstrated ability to motivate and connect with people
Computer/Technology Skills: Strong proficiency in Windows, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Internet
Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills
Percentage of travel required: 5%
-Cross-cultural sensitivity and experience.
-Knowledge of issues related to prison ministry.
-Ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
-Ability to meet requirements imposed by the state, DOC, or other entity, which may include but is not limited to a background check and pre-employment drug testing.
- Strong knowledge of basic Christian principles and issues relevant to prison ministry.
-Conditions of Position’s Environment: Exposure to intense and confining atmosphere. Video surveillance and monitoring. Rigid security and clearance procedures. Varied work schedule; frequently includes evenings and weekends; subject to DOC rules and regulations at in-prison worksite.
Satisfactory criminal background check (all positions).
Christian Faith consistent with PF Statement of Faith
Minimum Education Required