The Center for Social Change (C4SC) is a nonprofit coworking space for visionaries who are changing the world. We house one of South Florida's first community spaces and coworking environments for mission-driven leaders and organizations including nonprofits and social entrepreneurs. If you are detail-oriented, experienced with bookkeeping and financials and want to make a difference, then this role is for you!
In this position, you will support the Finance Director in managing/handling our organization’s books and supporting our members and team with their billing and financial requests .
This is a part-time position starting at 20 hours per week. Full time may be available in the future. Permanent hire and eligibility for benefits are contingent on performance and fit after 3 months.
· Perform payroll functions in an accurate and timely manner and submit payroll taxes.
· Conduct reconciliation of all bank accounts .
· Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner.
· Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments.
· Perform account receivable functions including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition.
· Prepare financial reports through collection, analysis, and summarization of data.
· Interpret and apply accounting policies, rules, and regulations to all work in order to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
· Generate invoices and billing statements using our membership platform.
· Generate reports about membership billing .
· Conduct collections on past due items.
· Assists with Fiscal Sponsorship duties including using our fiscal sponsorship portal.
· Cross-train on similar responsibilities pertaining to our parent company, a for-profit in the financial services industry.
· Provide excellent customer service to our members and staff – respond to emails and phone requests professionally and timely .
· Assist with special projects as needed and support the Finance Director.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required.
· 3-5 years of experience working within a non-profit organization required .
· 3-5 years relevant experience working in accounting and bookkeeping required.
· Preferred: 3-5 years of experience in grant administration.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Proficient skills in QuickBooks Online, Outlook, Microsoft Excel and google drive apps.
· Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger.
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail and deadlines.
During the pandemic, our staff is primarily working remotely. This position does not require an on-site presence currently, however as the pandemic eases up, this person will need to be at the office in Coral Gables 2-3x/week.
Our culture: The Center for Social Change exists to serve and be of support to nonprofits. We have a small but lively and committed team. We are collaborative by nature and seek input from each other and our members. We believe in and practice self care and wellness. We aim to use our talents and strengths at work and are eager to grow and learn. We are accustomed to things changing quickly and embrace it (usually and most of the time 😊).
We expect this person to work and be available during typical business hours, with some flexibility. Must be available to start by February 8, 2021.
Salary Range: $2,000 – $2,400/mo
How to apply :
Please submit a cover letter addressing your experience with nonprofits and bookkeeping. Also share how you would be a fit for our culture. Email letter and resumes by January 20, 2021. Please include in subject line: “Finance Coordinator submittal”.
The Center for Social Change (C4SC) is a nonprofit coworking space for visionaries who are changing the world. We house one of South Florida's first community spaces and coworking environments for mission-driven…