The Direct Mail Associate is responsible for executing Defenders’ direct mail fundraising program. S/he is responsible for implementing the creative treatment and testing plans on behalf of our direct mail program including Acquisition, Lapsed, Special Appeals, Renewals, Sustainer, Mid-Level Appeals (including LC Bridge), Telemarketing and Acknowledgement programs. The Direct Mail Associate plays a leading role in ensuring the accuracy of our direct mail communications, manages our direct mail schedules including key upcoming deliverables and serves as the primary point of contact for internal review teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As part of a team, implement campaign plans to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward donors that will meet or exceed donor engagement and revenue goals.
- Oversee and communicate all deadlines, adjusting priorities as necessary.
- Support the team in identifying topics for fundraising appeals.
- Review campaign kick-off documents, including budgets, for all projects to ensure accurate implementation of the strategy.
- Review content provided by external copywriters; route through Defenders to ensure content accuracy and alignment with strategy.
- Manage creative process through final design files, providing quality control while also ensuring they adhere to Defenders’ brand standards, original package specs and overall project strategy.
- Help manage our production vendors:
- Coordinate kick off meetings including assembling kick-off documents
- Oversee final output files to production vendor for printing
- Oversee approval process for print ATP’s
- Review print proofs, laser setups and lettershop insertions
- Serve as backup for cost reconciliation and vendor invoice approval
- Manage acknowledgement packages, monitoring and initiating new messaging and inserts; also track inventory and initiate printing to ensure consistent fulfillment
- Oversee premium production including new premiums and redesigns; also responsible for ensuring premiums are properly implemented into all systems
- Track premium inventory and initiate reorders to ensure consistent fulfillment
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s (B.A./B.S.) degree or equivalent
Experience: 2 years of relevant experience
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.