88 Hamilton Avenue
DEPARTMENT: Global Programs – Medical Outreach
LOCATION: Stamford, CT
REPORTS TO: Director, Medical Outreach Programs
ASSIGNMENT TYPE: Full Time Employee
Americares is a health-focused relief and development organization that saves lives and improves health for people affected by poverty or disaster. Each year, Americares reaches an average of 90 countries and all 50 U.S. states with life-changing health programs, medicine and medical supplies. Americares is the world’s leading nonprofit provider of donated medicine and medical supplies. For more information, visit americares.org.
US-based volunteer medical teams travel abroad to provide primary care, perform surgeries, respond to emergencies and strengthen local health care capacity. It is our mission to support this community with product and technical resources, and opportunities for collaboration to enhance their impact so more people have access to the health care they need to lead healthy, productive, independent lives.
The Associate is an integral part of the Medical Outreach team, managing medical partner communications, supporting ongoing initiatives and coordinating due diligence operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Associate will support the Medical Outreach (MO) team through these primary activities:
1) Manage communications with current and prospective MO partners
- Document supporting credentials for donation applicants
- Field all general questions and forward ‘issues’ to the appropriate MO rep.
- Review all submitted photos and work with MarComms to store in Cumulus.
- Field phone calls from Reception and forward to MO rep if necessary
- Help when necessary re: recalls, returns, ongoing issues and projects
2) Access to Medicine – Order Processing
- Process 20% of incoming orders with the highest degree of accuracy
- When appropriate, greet Partners at HQ and bring them back to the DC to pick up donated product. Includes confirming product on manifest is being given to Partner and signing appropriate documents for DC staff
- Inform and educate Partners about the Program and our ongoing initiatives
3) Initiative– support
- Forward request form to appropriate staff managing specific Initiative
- Fulfill Safe Surgery checklist orders which includes weekly mailings and documentation
4) Field Report review
- Review submitted post-trip Field Reports submitted by the Medical Outreach teams
- Identify reports which detail patient stories that reference donated product and match them with photos
- Compose stories with quotes from the Field Reports and share associated documents to key staff and then post shorter versions via Yammer for entire staff
- Work with Communications and Corporate Relations (CR), upon request, to create Donor pieces specific to the ‘good’ feedback pieces distributed
- Identify specific products via field reports that CR has asked MO to note when donating (i.e. new donor feedback on donated ‘burn cream’ requested for feedback)
- Identify information in Field Reports that state trip has been cancelled, delayed, product left in the US, etc. and work with Director regarding follow-up for resolution
- Additional follow-up outreach re: applicants with outstanding Field Reports to increase the number submitted and overall compliance
- Contact in-country recipients of left over product for verification of receipt and confirmation of oversight
- Set up bi-weekly MO staff meeting. Make sure SharePoint is updated with bi-weekly template for staff to update and arrive in conference room early to be sure technical equipment is set up and ready for meeting.
- Participate in kitting events to support Initiative work, when necessary, both in the DC and in the cube
- Additional activities to support the team such as possible attendance at conferences and presenting Mission Moments to staff
CORE AMERICARES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Possess an understanding of how Medical Outreach supports the organization’s mission and goals.
- Work in a manner that is consistent with Americares values of respect, collaboration and teamwork, trust, passion and commitment, compassion and excellence.
- Interest in support for medical volunteers and their organizations
- Strong written and oral communications
- Strong Computer Skills (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Self-starter willing to learn and pitch in whenever needed
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide resume and cover letter by applying here: https://americares.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home?c=americares#/requisition/519