District of Columbia
Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals (ARHP) is seeking a Chief Executive Officer who will be responsible for implementing the strategic vision of enabling all people to have full access to the highest quality, evidence-based health care for their sexual and reproductive needs. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO is responsible for the leadership and management of the organization, including membership growth, fundraising, partnership growth, program design and implementation, and leading and managing all business and financial affairs. The CEO will serve as a dynamic external presence and will uphold the highest integrity with partners and the community.
This is a time of major transition for ARHP, which has a proud history of educating a diverse, multidisciplinary community of health care providers who are committed to offering state-of-the-art, evidence-based clinical SRH care for all. The Board of Directors recently approved an early version of a new strategic plan which calls for ARHP to deepen its service to an expanding community of members and to sharpen its focus on clinical care related to contraception and abortion.
The ideal candidate is a proven leader with experience running a health care membership association who will build on the history of the ARHP to chart a successful path forward for the organization. The new leader will be deeply passionate about sexual and reproductive health care and unwaveringly committed to the right of every individual to make uncoerced decisions regarding sex, pregnancy, parenting, abortion and contraception. ARHP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
· Vision and strategy: Lead ARHP’s strategic direction; collaborate with staff, Board, and key stakeholders in the community to set clear outcomes aligned with the new strategic plan
· Operations and financial management: Oversee the successful execution of ARHP’s day-to-day operations, including financial management, reporting, and compliance
· Membership partnership and relationship management: Develop and maintain strong partnerships with complementary organizations; develop and manage relationships with individual stakeholders including Board members, funders, community members, staff, and other professionals in the SRH community
· Team leadership and management: Manage and mentor the small ARHP staff and consultants; hire and manage new staff to help fulfill organizational vision
· Program design: Develop new services and resources to drive the latest research into practice
· Fund development: Create a new funding strategy for both earned and unearned revenue; set and meet annual fundraising goals; generate new revenue from diverse sources
· Communications: Serve as the principal spokesperson and proactively build awareness of the ARHP’s brand, programs, and impact
Qualifications and Skills
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
· Personal integrity and transparency in leadership style
· Passion for and commitment to the ARHP mission and reproductive rights, as demonstrated by experience with clinical SRH care whether as a practitioner, administrator or in another capacity
· Experience in a senior leadership role at a membership or nonprofit organization, with significant experience working with and supporting a nonprofit Board of Directors
· Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate closely with ARHP partner organizations to ensure delivery of high-quality clinical education
· Proven fundraising experience, including the ability to identify, solicit, and secure new funders
· Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
· A track record of creating and implementing innovative solutions that transform an organization
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
· Interested candidates, please submit your resume and cover letter to Barbra Kavanaugh, Interim CEO, Association of Reproductive Health Professionals, firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.
ARHP is an equal opportunity employer affording all employees and job applicants fair and equal treatment. ARHP complies with the letter and spirit of all applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination, including discrimination based on race, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, HIV status, disabilities, and any other protected class. ARHP strongly pursues diversity in its hiring practices, and encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender persons to apply