Bebashi-Transition to Hope is a multi-purpose health and social services agency. We provide culturally sensitive health-related information, direct services, education, research, and technical assistance to reduce and eliminate HIV/AIDS as well as other health disparities, such as breast cancer and hunger, within the urban community of Philadelphia and vicinity.
Bebashi Transition to Hope is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Director of Development.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Including but not limited to:
· Assist Executive Director in setting annual fundraising and marketing goals.
· Develop and execute annual fundraising plan
· Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
· Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
· Supervise the Development Assistant and interns.
· Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
· Oversee the preparation and implementation of regular donor mail solicitation campaigns
· Create and execute a strategy for increasing a sustained base of annual individual donors
· Oversee development and implementation of fundraising events
· Assist with Board development and management particularly in the area of fundraising.
Qualified candidates will possess:
· Bachelor’s degree in business or nonprofit management from an accredited 4-year institution, Master’s degree preferred.
· Certificate in fundraising management preferred
· Five years Development experience.
· Demonstrated success in individual and corporate giving
· Knowledge of fundraising management
· Experience with fundraising software.
· Familiarity with budgeting and financial reporting
· Knowledge of special events planning and management
· Experience in recruiting, managing, motivating and engaging board members in fundraising and special events.
· Superior oral and written communication skills.
· Knowledge of potential public/private funding sources.
· Knowledge of and experienced in most general computer office operating systems including, but not limited to, Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and/or Lotus.
· Demonstrated empathy for low-income people.
· Ability to work independently
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Benefits Offered: Medical Insurance; Dental Insurance; Disability
Bebashi –Transition to Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail your resume and cover letter via this link to our Human Resources Manager, Maceo Hood, or Fax: 215 769-3860.