Details: Compensation Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
423 West 55th Street
ABOUT THE SHED: Scheduled to open in early 2019 on the west side of Manhattan where the High Line meets Hudson Yards, The Shed will be the first multi-arts center designed to commission, produce, and present all types of performing arts, visual arts, and popular culture. From hip hop to classical music, visual art to literature, film to theater and dance, with collaborations across these disciplines and others, we will bring together leading artists from all art forms under one roof. The Shed will be driven by experimentation, innovation, and collaboration.
The Shed will be a place of significant cultural and societal impact, where the world’s leading artists and creative minds can make art that helps forge tomorrow’s world, and where audiences from all walks of life can experience this art together.
For more information, see: http://www.theshed.org
The Shed seeks a Human Resources Associate to perform a wide range of Human Resources functions. The Human Resources Associate will report to and work closely with the Director of Human Resources to carry out all HR policies and procedures. Core functional areas include benefit administration, recruitment and employment, policy implementation, performance management, labor relations, HRIS database management and employment law compliance. Due to the start-up nature of The Shed, the ideal candidate will be well versed in Human Resources functions, policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Recruitment & Hiring
· Work with HR Director and hiring managers to support all recruiting and hiring needs including job posting, resume sourcing, and coordinating of interviews.
· Prepare onboarding/orientation packets (i.e., office policies and procedures and summaries and applications for employee benefits) for new hires.
· Review and ensure accuracy of all completed new hire and benefits document.
· Enter and process personal and employment data into HRIS system and work with payroll to process new hires.
· Assist with annual open enrollment for benefits plans.
· Review and explain benefits to staff.
· Process new enrollments, terminations and other changes on the insurance carrier’s portals.
- Administer and process 403(b) retirement savings, flex spending, FLMA, Paid Family Leave, disability and worker’s compensation.
· Monitor employee eligibility for employment benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, disability, and flex spending).
· Assist in employee claims resolution.
· Support the HR Director in ensuring the organization is in compliance with federal, state and city employment regulations concerning benefits (ADA, FMLA, worker’s compensation, etc.) and general Human Resources processes (equal job opportunity, equal pay, overtime eligibility).
· Complete and process all year end compliance reports (FSA, 403(b), ACA, and EEOC reporting).
· Handle general HR inquiries and administrative requests, as needed.
· Maintain employee records and processing of employee information.
· Partner with HR Director on training initiatives related to HR policies and procedures.
· Support in the administration of agency-wide performance appraisal programs.
· Assess and make recommendations on HR systems and practices to make an effective HR Department.
· Track and maintain HR metrics, and prepare reports as needed.
· Perform other projects and HR administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Qualities
· Bachelor’s degree is required with a minimum of 3 plus years of progressive HR experience.
· Familiar with local, state, and federal employment law and regulations.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding in dealing with sensitive employee issues.
· A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a highly motivated, energetic team.
· Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment is required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter in a single Word or PDF document saved as candidate’s first and last name. All submissions should be emailed to HR@THESHED.ORG with “HR Associate” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
The Shed is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.