Manager, Content Strategy & Social Media
Museum of Science, Boston
Innovation and creativity come from the unique perspectives of a diverse staff. We value your perspective.
The Marketing Manager, Content Strategy and Social Media plays a critical role on the Museum’s Marketing team in shaping the direction for the future of our content across channels inclusive of social, SEO, email, sponsored content, and web. This role is responsible for identifying and defining the vision for the future state of the Museum’s content marketing and the pathways to achieve our goals and take the program to the next level – increasing its reach, relevancy, and impact. The person in this role works on developing best practices and processes around content development to ensure a sustainable, efficient, and effective operation. The person in this role is a passionate advocate for storytelling across multiple mediums (social, video, infographics, photography, long form articles and more) and has the ability to work collaboratively with the creative team and other internal stakeholders to achieve goals. The Manager of Content Strategy works closely with the Director of Marketing and the Associate Marketing Manager to determine content needs and ensure development of compelling, timely, and relevant content for each customer segment and/or product or program as needed. This role oversees the SEO strategy, works collaboratively with internal partners to optimize the Museum’s email initiatives, and oversees the Museum’s social media program and social infrastructure to ensure that these channels are optimized and producing the desired outcomes. This role also works with internal and external partners to continue evolving the analytics and reporting framework
- Identify and build out a long-range vision and annual strategy for content marketing inclusive of SEO, social media, email, sponsored content, video and other vehicles that ladder up to the Museum’s short and long-range goals, including elevating the brand, creating customer engagement, increasing web traffic, and driving museum attendance.
- Oversee the ongoing development, scheduling, publication of the museum’s content across social media platforms, email, and web to support attendance goals of 1.4 million annual visitors and web traffic averaging over 200k page views per month.
- Identify, achieve buy-in for, and manage 5 to 10 short and long-term content partnership opportunities that provide opportunities to increase the museum’s exposure and provide utility for our customer segments.
- Work with agency partners on content and paid social initiatives that support 3 to 5 major exhibitions per year to ensure program optimization and high-level coordination with in-house activities.
- Oversee the efforts of the content/social team and manage one or more direct reports.
- Oversee the museum’s paid social media spend.
- Identify, implement, maintain, and evolve processes to enable the streamlined creation and deployment of content across multiple channels (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, web, email, and other platforms, and establish standardize reporting for each channel.
This position is full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday.
- Bachelor of Science or Arts.
- 5 or more years of Business, Marketing, Communications experience.
- 5+ years of content marketing experience with experience developing a broad range of content types (website, social, email, infographics, blogs, guides, newsletters, thought leadership, video, etc.)
- Direct experience developing a long-term content strategy for a consumer-facing business
- Direct experience scoping and developing cross-channel content marketing initiatives
- Experience identifying, leveraging and managing third party content creators (agencies, freelancers, business partners)
- Experience with a range of marketing technologies including analytics and reporting tools, email platforms, marketing automation tools, and/or CRM platforms
- Demonstrated understanding of SEO best practices
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing integrated marketing plans and programs
- Experience developing KPIs and reporting frameworks
- Prior experience managing direct reports
- Proven communication (written and oral) skills
Exempt (Salaried). Commensurate with experience.
Benefits for full-time, exempt (salaried) staff include: free parking, T accessibility, 23 vacation days, 12 holidays, 5-10 sick days, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, retirement and savings plan, health care/dependent care flex spending plan, employee discounts, employee referral program, tuition assistance, professional development, direct deposit, free admission, free Duck Tours, discounted movie passes, and much more!
The Museum of Science is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
No phone inquiries, please. Qualified applicants will be contacted within two to four weeks of initial application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.