The Shefa School is a Jewish community day school in Manhattan, serving students in grades 1-8. Since opening in September 2014, Shefa has enrolled children who benefit from a specialized educational environment in order to develop their strengths while addressing their learning challenges. We specifically serve students with language-based learning disabilities who have not yet reached their potential levels of success in traditional classroom settings. Shefa is a pluralistic community school, serving families across the range of Jewish involvement and observance.
About the Position:
The Shefa School is seeking a psychologist or social worker to join our strong and growing mental health team immediately. The position is ideally 4 days a week (Monday-Thursday) in person for the remainder of the school year and may become a permanent position the fall.
· Collaborate with the Lower School Psychologist and Middle School Psychologist to support students and faculty in person (following all COVID guidelines)
· Consult with teachers on social-emotional-behavioral issues and classroom dynamics
· Address conflicts and social issues as they arise
· Run social skills groups and support students at lunch and recess
· Coordinate with outside therapists and psychiatrists
· Provide behavior management support and guidance to teachers
· Support and help design Social-Emotional Learning programs
· Participate in student case conferences
· Assess, manage and share feedback about students’ behavior, attention, and social-emotional development
· Communicate with parents
· Coordinate crisis assessment and response
· Participate in Committee on Special Education (CSE) reviews
· NYS licensed or license-eligible clinical or school psychologist or clinical social worker
· Expertise in behavioral interventions with children and families required
· School experience strongly preferred
· Exceptional communication skills with a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of individuals/groups
We seek candidates who demonstrate flexibility and comfort with risk-taking and ambiguity. We seek candidates who thrive in collaborative environments, who are reflective and committed to growth, and who have strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
The Shefa School is a Jewish community day school in Manhattan, serving students in grades 1-8. Since opening in September 2014, Shefa has enrolled children who benefit from a specialized educational environment in order to…