Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is seeking a successful and mission-driven Learning Specialist to join our Elementary School team!
This is an ideal position for someone who has successful experience in urban settings with a proven track record of extraordinary student outcomes.
Brooklyn Prospect Charter School is a K-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning.
Our Core Values are:
- Curiosity: Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically
- Respect: Value others by taking a local and global perspective and appreciating differences
- Persistence: Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity
- Passion: Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self assurance
As part of the Brooklyn Prospect Team, you will enjoy working in a supportive and collaborative environment.
We are a growing organization and opportunities for development and success are readily available.
Check out our most recent updates: BPCS News
Reporting to the Head of Student Support Services, the Learning Specialist will help keep the academic and personal success of our students as a core focus, while striving to grow professionally and support a positive school community.
As a Learning Specialist Teacher you will:
- Differentiates instruction and learning approaches as needed in literacy and mathematics in both push-in and pull-out small group settings (“at-risk” and SETSS mandates).
- Possesses a deep understanding of the diverse learning needs of students with disabilities, including how to support students’ executive functioning challenges.
- Use formative and summative assessment data
- Contributes to the school’s ongoing efforts to monitor student pace and progress
- Establish and maintain a collaborative partnership with classroom teachers and families.
- Provide ongoing professional development support to identified staff members.
**The critical features of this role are described above but not all encompassing.
Education & Training:
- NYS Special Education Certification
- Experience with Orton-Gilligham, PAF interventions, and Handwriting Without Tears
- Successful experience in an urban settings with a proven track record of extraordinary student outcomes.
- Extensive experience developing IEP’s including Present Levels of Performance and individualized academic and socio-emotional goals.
- Ability to work with young children, K-5 who present with various learning challenges.
- Ability to utilize multi-sensory techniques to help students develop foundational skills in literacy and mathematics.
- Create opportunities for students to build self-advocacy skills.
- 5 years or more of classroom teaching experience with students aged 5-11.
- Master's degree (preferred) in education or a related field and meet the New York State of
- Salary is competitive with NYC DOE
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Join our Team:
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including how you learned about the position, and the position for which you are applying.
Brooklyn Prospect is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of diverse backgrounds.