Broome Street Academy Charter High School will empower our students to reach their highest aspirations for post-secondary success. Our equitable, holistic, and student-centered approach will provide students with access to a rigorous, standards-based curriculum that will equip our graduates with the skills they need to make a positive impact on their communities and the broader world.
Broome Street Academy is a tuition-free public charter high school devoted to providing students the necessary skills and support to graduate prepared for a successful future beyond high school. Our admissions policy gives preference to siblings and students who are homeless, in foster care, or from low performing schools, though all students are welcome to apply. A Broome Street Academy graduate will possess the 21st-century knowledge, collaborative and technological skills and personal qualities that will enable them to contribute to their community and pursue their educational and professional goals.
At BSA, we hold our students to five pillars of excellence to support students in becoming well-rounded, valuable and value-added citizens. The five pillars of PRIDE include:
Professionalism, Resilience, Investment, Dignity, Empathy
Broome Street Academy values:
· Student Voice
· Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
· Academic rigor (including challenging curriculum and AP courses)
· Caregiver involvement
· A safe, supportive school environment
· Development of and respect for community partnerships
· Healthy social and emotional relationships.
· Teach 5 classes and/or the equivalent responsibilities; teach where needed regardless certification or training.
· Record proper attendance for every class assigned.
· Serve as an advisor to small group of students.
· Ensure students achieve goals set forth in SUNY Accountability Plan
· Develop NY State and Common Core Standards-aligned units and lessons.
· Attend all scheduled prep time with co-teachers/team members and all scheduled meetings.
· Update gradebook weekly
· Differentiate instruction to meet the needs of all students (especially those with ELL and IEP designations)
· Prepare students for all required assessments (Regents, NWEA, PSAT, SAT)
· Participate in all required School professional development.
· Actively pursue certification and/or professional development
· Communicate regularly with caregivers.
· Maintain a welcoming and safe classroom environment.
· Engage in effective and appropriate classroom management.
· Maintain clean and clutter free room spaces for all students’ and teachers’ use.
● Bachelor’s degree minimum, Master’s degree in Education or Teaching preferred
● Demonstrated expertise in subject area as shown by significant undergraduate or graduate coursework in content area or teaching certification.
● Dual-certification and/or experience with Special Education highly preferred
● Demonstrated ability to evaluate assessments.
● Familiarity with trauma informed practice.
● Effective work ethic as a team member
Broome Street Academy Charter High School will empower our students to reach their highest aspirations for post-secondary success. Our equitable, holistic, and student-centered approach will provide students with access to a…
Why You Should Join Our Team:
Why You Should Join Our Team: