Details: Salary is commensurate with experience. Please provide salary requirements with your application.
643 Park Avenue
Part American palace, part industrial shed, Park Avenue Armory is dedicated to supporting unconventional works in the visual and performing arts that need non-traditional spaces for their full realization, enabling artists to create, students to experience, and audiences to consume epic and adventurous presentations that cannot be mounted elsewhere in New York City. Since 2007, the Armory has opened its doors to visionary artists, directors, and impresarios who provided extraordinary experiences in a range of art forms. Such was its impact that The New York Times noted, “Park Avenue Armory…has arrived as the most important new cultural institution in New York City.”
The Armory is seeking an Office Manager to join our growing team.
The Office Manager oversees the daily organization of all office services, operations equipment and the control of all supplies and inventories. This position works closely with all departments. A successful candidate will keep informed of building-wide needs, monitoring the activities calendar of an active and fast-paced cultural center and be able to prioritize needs and emergencies as they arise. The Office Manager is the primary assistant to the Operations Manager and the administrative team member of the Facilities Department.
Primary Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Maintain and organize the copy and break room supplies, including the daily inventory and operational check of all copy room equipment, toners, office supplies, beverage material, and records for same.
- Track inventories of office and break room supplies, furniture, event supplies and printed materials
- Order all office supplies – general, copier room, break room and janitorial—through various vendors
- Assist programming in ordering hospitality supplies
- Review and place supply requisitions
- Research supplies and pricing for recommendation and ordering
- Processing of facilities department purchase orders and credit card request & budget coding
- Maintain with assistance of Finance Department, a current vendor list and online accounts
- Manage online log in information for online accounts on as needed basis
- Assist Operations Manager in petty cash management as requested
- Assist Facilities Director in asset tracking.
- Maintain employee contact information sheet, create Welcome packets and prepare supplies for new employees, and
- Cultivate business relationships with various supply vendors
- Sort mail and faxes for the Park Avenue Armory and additional building residents; distribute materials accordingly
- Coordinate new hire information including setting up desk and other requirements as necessary
- Track department expenses by budget code, provide summaries to Facilities Director and Managing Director
- In coordination with Facilities Director and Building Superintendent, track work requests, monitor work progress and completion
IT Support Responsibilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Adobe. Good working knowledge of MAC and other business related software’s.
- Provide basic support troubleshooting for Microsoft Office product’s and workstations and updating Management of resolution or additional work required.
- Conference phone, box office and computer media cart setups for meetings and events
- Update and manage the printer address book, fax machine, and postage machine and troubleshoot networked printers.
Ideal candidates will be meticulously organized, detail-oriented, self-starters who work well within a fast-paced environment, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and at least 2-3 years office management experience. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and Excel required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectations to HR@ARMORYONPARK.ORG with “Office Manager” in the subject line. Only resumes and cover letters submitted in this format will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
Park Avenue Armory is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from minority candidates.