The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalk every day. With a $61 million budget, 400 staff members and 46,000 individual donors, The Doe Fund is nationally acclaimed as a work-based model for solving homelessness and criminal recidivism. We empower people to break the cycles of homelessness, welfare dependency, substance abuse, and incarceration through innovative work and housing programs.
New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is a not-for-profit corporation that promotes economic growth across New York City's five boroughs. As NYC’s official economic development corporation, it is charged with leveraging the City’s assets to drive growth, create jobs, and improve quality of life. The Doe Fund has partnered with the NYCEDC, to hire workers at the living wage. These workers will be responsible for site cleanup, area maintenance, graffiti and snow removal throughout the five boroughs. The Doe Fund will also provide these workers with additional vocational and job training, with the goal of improving their career trajectory and gaining higher paid employment. The Doe Fund is a fast paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with strategic and innovative ideas. We offer a competitive salary with full benefits including: medical, dental, 401k, vacation, personal and sick time, etc.
*****ATTENDANCE FOR SNOW REMOVAL IS MANDATORY*****
Duties and Responsibilities (Daily job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to): ● Report and collect daily attendance of crew members via email and timesheets ● Distribute and replenish supplies & equipment to crew members
● Ensure that crew members’ quality of work, productivity and professionalism are to standard. ● Collect information and submit via photo, email, and/or video for quality assurance daily ● Outdoors: Litter pickup, maneuvering portable trash receptacles, sidewalk sweeping, replace trash bags, shoveling snow and other maintenance duties
● Assist with training staff on equipment use and other operational protocols.
● Provide feedback and insight to management
● Be age 18 or over
● Driver’s License required
● Knowledgeable in electronic devices (e.g.: tablets, smart phones, computer) & applications ● Ability to exert moderately heavy (up to 50 pounds) physical effort in moderate to heavy work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling
● Ability to work in varying weather conditions (rain, snow, sleet)
● Demonstrated record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality.
● Ability to adapt and be flexible, as work environments and duties may change
The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalk every day. With a $61 million budget, 400…
To apply to this position, please visit the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=36649787-97b0-4130-b8d5-6cf311accabb&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=386526&source=CC2&lang=en_US
To apply to this position, please visit the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid…