ABOUT YOUTHCARE: YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first programs to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
- Maintain petty cash accounts and log all outgoing disbursements
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Charges expenses to proper accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Monitor all vendor payment agreements to find discounts that can be used to reduce invoice amounts
- Reconciles processed credit card transactions by ensuring appropriate backups are provided, verifying information, and comparing system reports to balances.
- Issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances, preparing checks
- Maintains accounting ledgers by ensure accurate recording of account payable related transactions
- Responsible for paying all sales tax on appropriate invoices and making a note of each tax payment made
- Keep track of credits owed to the company and ensure all credits are properly applied to vendor payments
- Reconcile payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate
- Preparation of year end 1099 documents to ensure accuracy and timely filing.
- Credit card reconciliation to ensure expenses are booked timely and a clean audit trail with proper documentation is maintained.
This job description is not intended to cover every aspect of your job at YouthCare. We are a team that works together to meet the needs of our clients and every member of the team is expected to pitch in and help even beyond the specific responsibilities listed in this description.
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant equivalent experience
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to display great customer service while promoting professional relationships with internal and external parties.
- Strong organizational ability
- Effective corporate communications skills
- Ability to consistently meet all deadlines
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must be able to provide I-9 supporting documentation for employment
- Successful completion of any pre-service training as required by contracting agency.
- Computer software skills including Windows, Microsoft outlook, Microsoft Word.
- Initiative, creativity, reliability, flexibility, thoroughness
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with good quality spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- High integrity when dealing with a broad array of cultures and restricted and/or confidential information.
- Ability to coordinate overall program functioning.
- Ability to accurately maintain and produce files, records, logs and reports.
- May be required to assume responsibilities or duties within the agency not specifically delineated in this job description for short periods of time or on an infrequent basis.
- Commitment to YouthCare’s initiative to build cultural proficiency across the agency. Acceptance of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, and cultural and spiritual practices.