SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: While maintaining a positive and friendly attitude, provide administrative and secretarial support to the VP of NYC Operations & Community Relations -including but not limited to - greeting visitors and screening telephone calls; gathering data and compiling leading and lagging indicator reports; conducting projects and assignments, photocopying materials, maintaining files, ordering supplies, and issuing correspondence. The position requires - by nature of its connection to the VP of NYC Operations & Community Relations - involvement with high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment.
- Provide administrative support to the VP of NYC Operations & Community Relations
- Perform a variety of administrative or executive support tasks that are highly confidential and sensitive.
- Read and screen incoming correspondence and reports; make preliminary assessment of the importance of materials and organize documents; triage email, handle some matters personally and forward appropriate materials to the VP of NYC Operations & Community Relations and/or executive staff.
- Research, compile, assimilate and prepare confidential and sensitive documents, and brief VP of NYC Operations & Community Relations content.
- Prepare agenda and collects materials for meetings, and conferences; take minutes and keep records of proceedings as needed.
- Supervise team of administrative secretaries
- Maintain and coordinate administrative secretaries’ schedules.
- Provide clerical support using Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook applications. Format documents.
- Some travel required.
- Provide personal assistance as needed.
- Administer and coordinate program purchase contracts completion and renewals.
- Administer and maintain property leases.
- Liaison with agency program managers and program secretaries regarding building issues/concerns. Coordinate with building landlord as needed. Apprising VP of NYC Operations & Community Relations of significant issues.
- Coordinate agency events at the direction of the VP of NYC Operations & Community Relations and COO of NYC Programs.
- Serve on committees as designated by the VP of NYC Operations & Community Relations and COO of NYC Programs.
- Attend required training.
- Read required books.
- Responsible for complying with rules and regulations governing access to Protected Health Information under HIPAA. Access protected Health Information is limited to the extent required to perform responsibilities herein, dictate the level of access, use, and disclosure of confidential information.
- Perform other duties as requested by your immediate supervisor or the and COO NYC Programs.
Experience and Skills:
- Associate’s degree preferred
- High school diploma required with minimum of three years’ experience in office setting
- Strong administrative experience.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to complete tasks independently.
- Ability to supervise a large team.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook applications.
- Excellent communication and proven human relation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team context.
- Ability to handle confidential material in a responsible manner.
- Bi-lingual - English-Spanish required. All agency documents and records are in English, so English writing proficiency required. Position itself requires Spanish speaking, writing, and reading proficiency
- Valid NYS Driver’s License required.
- Ability to travel to all agency locations as required.
HOURS PER WEEK: Exempt
Regular hours entail 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday. Must be flexible to meet program needs
As a full time benefits position, staff is eligible to enroll in medical, dental, vision, FSA, supplemental life insurance, critical illness, enhanced short-term disability, and 401(k) benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish - must be able to communicate, read and write fluently with both languages.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on line.