WomenStrong International (WomenStrong) is a global consortium of non-profit organizations working with women and girls to end extreme urban poverty. In collaboration with our consortium, we develop, finance, and share powerful women-driven solutions that transform lives. Our Consortium is a social innovations lab, testing solutions to poverty that are often proposed by the women and girls themselves. We nurture and encourage the exchange of ideas through consortium-wide deliberations, site visits and bilateral exchanges, and the joint development of tools that codify what works. We envision a world in which all women and girls are free to live in dignity, justice, and prosperity. For more information about WomenStrong, please visit www.womenstrong.org.
The Grants Manager will lead the development and implementation of WomenStrong’s grant systems and policies. S/he will support the circle of effective non-profits chosen by WomenStrong to test, pilot, and share best practices for helping urban women and girls move out of extreme poverty. S/he will be responsible for WomenStrong’s portfolio of agreements and will manage the full lifecycle of WomenStrong’s grants, ensuring compliance with project-specific requirements and organization-wide policies and procedures. This is a remote position based in the New York City area.
- Oversees contract generation by composing scopes of work, verifying program budgets, determining deliverable deadlines, scheduling allocations, and ensuring all other grant contract-related documentation is in order.
- Manages grant contract compliance by tracking deliverables and ensuring adherence to all terms.
- Manages contract modifications and closeouts.
- In collaboration with the Manager of Finance and Administration, leverages organizational tools and processes to track financial disbursements and ensures compliance with internal procedures.
- Serves as a key point of contact for inquiries regarding contracts, deliverables, budgets, and grant reporting.
- Assists WomenStrong grantees in increasing their capacity to perform their grant management functions efficiently by providing timely feedback on their reports and budgets.
- Maintains key related documentation in the appropriate files and systems for grants/contracts, MOUs, and other relevant documents.
- Working closely with the Manager of Finance and Administration, identifies opportunities for increased efficiency, ensures seamless utilization of tools and processes, and shares recommendations and trends proactively with the WomenStrong team.
- Takes a leading role in enabling WomenStrong to meet its responsibilities to its own donors with regard to the timely submission of proposals, budgets, workplans and reports.
- In close coordination with management, updates grant reporting templates and develops new ones, as needed.
- Manages the grant review process inclusive of analyzing narrative reporting against expenditures and indicators against contracted deliverables, auditing expenditures when necessary, and ensuring completeness to coordinate subsequent payments.
- Ensures timely payments to grantees in collaboration with the Manager of Finance and Administration.
- In partnership with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team members works with WomenStrong’s grantees on determining measurable indicators, milestones, and project goals.
Review of Potential Grantees
- Assists the Director of Development in the review of grant proposals and budget requests from potential grantees in compliance with WomenStrong’s policies and practices.
- Composes and sends responses to grant requests in accordance with WomenStrong policies and practices.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 5+ years of applicable grants management experience.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Experienced in the nonprofit or philanthropic sectors.
- Experience with program and budget development and monitoring.
- An excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of international development issues and experience working in or with developing world contexts and teams.
- Program management experience (preferably in developing world contexts and/or low-income communities).
- An understanding of monitoring and evaluation best practices, including working with M&E databases.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and AmpImpact
WomenStrong International is an equal opportunity employer.
WomenStrong International provides a generous vacation package, as well as health, dental, and vision insurance.
Minimum Education Required