235 Montgomery Street
Scope of Work:
The Coordinator, Funder Collaborations will report to the Senior Advisor, Funder Collaborations, and will be based in the ClimateWorks San Francisco Office, supporting the department leadership as they organize international climate funder collaborations, meetings, and projects. The ideal candidate will be proactive and detail-oriented, with project coordination and event planning skills and experience. This person will enjoy supporting varied special projects, will naturally “connects the dots” in projects with multiple moving parts, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment. Assisting the Senior Advisor, CWF Executives and key external partners, the Coordinator must possess an innate ability to anticipate needs, plan-ahead, and consistently operate with a high-touch client-service orientation.
As part of the funder collaborations team s/he will be responsible for supporting the execution of 2-3 major multi-faceted international convenings annually, plus coordinating and providing support to varied and changing internal and external coalition projects. The Coordinator will also organize and implement key internal operational and infrastructure systems to support the collaborations, including contact and information management as well as budget reconciliation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following and other duties as assigned:
Collaborative project and meeting planning assistance
• Assist a high-functioning event team to plan, organize and implement 2 complex international meetings annually. Within that, coordinate and implement key ongoing tasks and varying projects.
• Support multi-party planning processes in a highly complex environment to bring deadline-driven projects to successful completion. This includes supporting team work through process coordination: timeline, plan and systems creation and implementation; information gathering, as well as work stream, benchmark and data tracking.
• Maintain strong cross-team communication and project execution by recording and issuing notes, action items and timelines; tracking activity; following-up with team members on progress and execution, and filling gaps as needed.
• Proactively help the Senior Advisor and others to develop project timelines, balance competing priorities, and anticipate upcoming needs and tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
• Aid in the production and quality control of outgoing work products, including creating, editing, and formatting Word and PowerPoint documents.
• Support the identification and stewardship of potential collaboration partners for new projects, as needed. This could include prospect research, vetting, tracking, outreach, and customer service for new partners from varied cultures in advance of and at meetings.
• Maintain high-touch customer service with internal and external partners.
• Provide other general and administrative support duties as assigned.
Operations and infrastructure project coordination and implementation:
• Update, maintain and manage key departmental operations; contact, information and file management systems, as well as other systems and infrastructure; partnering with CWF’s IT, development, and other teams.
• Manage, track and implement key department financial processes around project budgets, invoicing, and expenses as well as vendor/consultant contracts and payments, partnering with CWF’s finance team.
• Represent the department on cross-departmental task forces that are advancing new organizational infrastructure platforms.
• 5 to 7 years of relevant experience coordinating and implementing deadline-driven project-planning processes and high caliber meetings.
• BA or BS degree
• Non-profit experience in organizing or advocacy work, fundraising or stewardship, coalition projects or philanthropy preferred. Experience with environmental, social justice or climate communities a plus.
• Experience building and maintaining flexible systems and plans for projects and events (e.g. timelines, plans, and tracking systems for project elements such as core planning, outreach efforts, materials development, and expenses).
• Assiduous attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and enthusiasm for creating seamless logistics.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, including high-touch customer service-oriented communication with diverse stakeholders from other cultures.
• Flexibility in service to solutions and strong problem-solving skills.
• Professional poise while balancing completing priorities to bring deadline-driven projects to successful completion in a fast-paced environment.
• Tact, professionalism, diplomacy, and a good sense of humor; ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion.
• Experience and aptitude with web-based and other technology platforms a plus.
• Commitment to the mission of ClimateWorks Foundation
• High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Google platform; quick learner with new programs and platforms.
• Ability to travel occasionally, including the potential for 2 international trips per year.
Comprehensive and competitive benefits package including 401k match and Profit Sharing contributions.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations.