Director of Partnerships
At CollegeSpring we equip schools and teachers with the tools to help students confidently prepare for the SAT and ACT. These tests are a critical part of college admissions, and every student deserves a chance to prepare. Yet test prep courses and private tutoring are often costly or hard to access. Our programs reduce this inequity by bringing high quality test preparation into schools. We build Test Confidence™ by training, supporting, and providing ongoing coaching to teachers at our partner schools to deliver the CollegeSpring curriculum to their students. Since 2008, CollegeSpring has helped provide school-day test prep to over 25,000 students in the San Francisco Bay Area, Southern California, and New York.
The Director of Partnership’s primary role and responsibility is to grow the network of CollegeSpring’s programs in districts, schools, and other organizations, aiding in CollegeSpring’s path towards scale. You enjoy cultivating and developing relationships with external partners, and collaborate well with others in a matrixed organization. You are a team player, and are driven by ambitious, measurable goals. You are strategic and creative, and love to solve problems. You have a strong attention to detail, are proactive with communication, and thrive when managing multiple projects at once.
Sales and Revenue Generation
- Prospect, research, develop, and secure new partnerships with schools, districts, and nonprofits in CollegeSpring’s markets.
- Renew and grow a portfolio of current partners in the CollegeSpring network.
- Exceed sales and other key growth and retention targets, measured quarterly and yearly.
- Creatively work with schools to understand their needs, and determine how best the CollegeSpring program can fit into their current structure while meeting fidelity guidelines and creating buy-in at multiple levels.
- Support Head of Partnerships in developing growth strategy into new markets and distribution channels by managing project plans and providing ongoing tactical support.
- Assist in the creation of new sales collateral and presentation decks.
- Increase CollegeSpring brand awareness through attendance and networking at national and local conferences.
- Regularly update our Customer Relationship Management platform (Salesforce), and create reports to track progress against yearly metrics.
- Create and negotiate partner proposals and contracts.
- Support sales operations tasks and projects, including process improvement and fee-for-service collection
- Manage a large portfolio of current and new clients, and develop relationships where CollegeSpring is seen as a thought partner, and not just a service provider.
- Collaborate with Partnership Coordinators and Instructional Coaches for seamless handoffs in service delivery.
- Contribute to implementation best practices with the Partnership Success Team.
- Work closely with the Head of Partnerships to support strategic initiatives, new opportunities, and ongoing projects.
- Communicate with Programs and Impact and Instructional Success teams on joint priorities, including data analysis and training.
The Ideal Candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Mission and values-driven: You hold a passionate commitment to and a sense of urgency for the support of schools, along with a belief that all students can achieve at high levels. You are motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily.
- Strategic thinker: You are self-organized and can strategically plan and prioritize your time aligned to highest-impact projects to achieve individual and organizational goals.
- Learner: You like learning new things on the job, and can enthusiastically contribute to a professional learning community.
- Relationships: You excel at relationship-building, and are effective at collaborating with others, both internally and externally.
- Adaptability: You can seamlessly navigate a matrixed organization, and like a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. You are comfortable shifting focus to meet the needs and priorities of the organization.
- Positivity: Colleagues enjoy working with you, you see challenges as opportunities, and you bring a great energy to the office.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 4-6 years relevant experience in selling to schools, districts, and organizations
- Experience building tools, decks, plans, and resources to support growth initiatives
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, team-based, and rapidly changing environment. Experience working with a remote team or matrixed organization a plus.
- Excellent negotiation, time management, and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage and execute multiple priorities with tight timelines and minimal guidance.
- Strong communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Committed to continuous learning and development.
- Prior experience with Salesforce and G-Suite is a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.