Why Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation: The Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation is a dynamic organization working to serve more than 1.6 million patients nationally through its research programs and a wide array of patient services. Every team member empowers patients and their families to make informed decisions about their own healthcare, inspires by helping them to tell their stories and connects the community so no one ever has to feel alone in their IBD journey.
Position Summary: The New Jersey Chapter is looking for a highly enthusiastic, results driven, positive and charismatic leader to oversee the New Jersey Chapter Take Steps walk campaign currently raising $320,000 in charitable donations. This individual will build strong relationships in the community and promote giving through the acquisition and management of walk teams and corporate partnerships. We are looking for a highly focused, skillful communicator who will drive growth and continually work to exceed campaign goals.
Help us build corporate partnerships, recruit volunteers, inspire the Crohn’s & colitis community, and champion our mission: to cure Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis, and to improve the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases.
- Devise and implement an annual plan to engage constituents in this critical, grass roots fundraising campaign,
- Create individualized fundraising strategies with constituents to maximize charitable giving,
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate outreach strategies to recruit, acknowledge and retain event participants and sponsors,
- Identify, recruit and mobilize high-level business and community leaders to serve as corporate partners,
- Create an annual operational plan including marketing, budgeting and project management,
- Create and maintain timelines, budgets and logistical needs for campaign events,
- Provide an inspirational day-of event experience for participants.
- BA or BS degree required
- Two years of relevant experience a plus
- Skilled in building and sustaining meaningful relationships
- Aptitude for planning, budgeting, and time management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Computer skills including basic data management
- Creative thinker/problem solver
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Articulate in person and on the phone as well as in drafting emails
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed
Minimum Education Required