The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) works in 190 countries and territories to put children first. UNICEF has helped save more children’s lives than any other humanitarian organization, by providing health care and immunizations, safe water and sanitation, nutrition, education, emergency relief and more. UNICEF USA supports UNICEF's work through fundraising, advocacy and education in the United States. Together, we are working toward the day when no children die from preventable causes and every child has a safe and healthy childhood. For more information, visit www.unicefusa.org.
Project Associate, Office of the President
The Project Associate will function as a member of the President’s Office and support to the Chief of Regional Strategy and Operations. This position will provide a high level of administrative support.
Key Responsibilities/Outcomes (include but are not limited to):
- Collect, develop and execute the preparation and follow-up of materials for meetings and engagements
- Schedule and execute logistics for National Board, Board Committee meetings, Regional divisional meetings, etc.
- Support the President’s Office members and SVP of Regional Strategy and Operations in all necessary logistics including but not limited to scheduling and coordination of meetings, travel, regular ad hoc projects
- Process and route mail, as well as coordinate external communications and mailings
- Update and maintain contact databases
- Process and submit invoices, contracts and expenses
- Maintain filing system
- Screen and respond appropriately to calls
- Provide support to the Executive Assistant to help manage the President’s schedule, travel arrangements, appointments, and correspondence
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of 2-3 year’s related experience; some relevant high level administrative and project management experience is desirable
- Ability to prioritize, take initiative, and interface with all levels of staff and senior executives both internal and external to the organization while maintaining tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail are essential
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills including a demonstrated ability to draft, proof, and edit documents and communications
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Must demonstrate UNICEF USA Core Values: Trust, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Teamwork, and Service
Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience. In addition, UNICEF USA offers a comprehensive benefits package.
UNICEF USA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on our website.