287 Columbus Avenue
City Year Headquarters is seeking an articulate and detail-oriented Regional Grants Manager who will support efforts at City Year sites to secure foundation support for City Year’s Long Term Impact plan to best serve students in high-need schools. Reporting to the Director of Regional Grants and working in close partnership with site-based team members at a portfolio of City Year sites, the Regional Grants Manager will execute against a comprehensive development plan that includes annual operating support and new grant opportunities. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, excellent project manager, process oriented, highly collaborative and a gifted writer who as a member of the centralized writing team is resourcing the broader needs of City Year markets. S/he has demonstrated skills and experiences, either through academic work or professional experience, in grant writing, collaboration, and project management. The position allows flexibility in location and does include occasional travel to City Year sites or Headquarters.
The Regional Grants Manager will serve as a writer and project manager by:
- Effectively partnering and serving as a shared grant writer for a portfolio of City Year sites.
- Providing project management and serving as lead writer for proposals, reports, and other grant-related deliverables.
- Developing and maintaining strong internal relationships with site-based staff and other relevant City Year departments.
- Producing high-quality letters of intent, proposals, reports, and other grant-related deliverables.
- Working with City Year’s site-based staff and prospect research team to qualify funding opportunities.
- Maintaining calendar of proposal and report deadlines.
- Working closely with site-based program staff to strategize around grant opportunities and determine proposal deliverables.
- Maintaining high standards of customer service.
- Working with City Year’s finance department to produce proposal budgets, fiscal reports and other budgetary requirements.
- Updating activities in Salesforce database.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with an ability to engage a wide range of audiences through proposals, letters, reports, and other written materials.
- The ability to work the flexible hours demanded of a deadline-driven position.
- High degree of initiative, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, teamwork, and attention to detail.
- Strong passion for and commitment to City Year’s mission of delivering high-impact service to children and institutions.
- Understanding of and/or experience with education and national service a plus.
- Proficiency with standard business applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; knowledge of Salesforce a plus but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete the online application and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter in the "Resume/CV" field on the "My Experience" page. Internal applicants should apply through cyresource.