633 N. St. Clair
The Children's Surgery Program Coordinator will provide support to applicant centers, surveyors, and program staff regarding all aspects of the verification process for the Children's Surgery Verification Program. Responsibilities include interacting with customers, surveyor volunteers, program leadership, and in-house staff through verbal and written communications to guide applicant centers through every step of the application process; from initial application to full verification and maintenance of verification. Responsibilities will also include customer support, program announcements and updates, coordinate committee meetings and communication for committees.
This Exempt Level position will report to the Children's Surgery Program Manager in the Division of Research & Optimal Patient Care.
• Provides pre-application consultation to hospital administration and program staff at prospective applicant centers regarding program requirements, verification standards, and application process.
• Manages a portfolio of hospitals (approximately 15-50 centers at a time) to facilitate all steps of the verification process, from initial application to full verification. Reviews all application materials to ensure eligibility and compliance with standards prior to committee and on-site reviews. Communicates program deficiencies and requests for additional supporting documentation between hospital staff and reviewers, and manages hospital records in internal database.
• Provides official notification of verification designation to hospitals as well as updates regarding hospitals' verification status to internal and external contacts. Updates participating centers with announcements and news items for the Children's Surgery Program.
• Provides general administrative support to staff. Supports programmatic development of NSQIP Pediatric and CSV, including the development of policies/procedures for the effective administration of the program. Acts as a liaison between program leadership, committees, and site visitors to relay any changes in policy, verification standards, or
verification practices. Other duties as assigned.
• Supports the CSV Manager and other staff with special projects as well as work independently on assigned projects.
• Provides support to program committees. Manages committee meetings, meeting minutes, webinars, conference meetings, and communication for program committees as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required.
• Minimum of 1 - 3 years of customer service experience in a professional office environment required. Prior experience as a program coordinator preferred.
• Experience in administration of complex business projects in a healthcare environment preferred.
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to effectively interact with all levels of organization.
• Capable of providing excellent customer service.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Ability to work with databases and learn new software required.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to analyze, summarize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish strong working relationships with all division teams and management.
Physical/Work Environment: Fast paced with significant people interaction. No lifting over 20 pounds, minimal reaching bending and stooping. Performs work in a normal office environment with long hours in front of the computer.
Other Necessary Requirements: Occasional evening or weekend duties may be required. Moderate travel (quarterly) for activities such as out of town meetings is required.
The American College of Surgeons is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (312) 202-5000 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
The American College of Surgeons will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required