Details: Salary based on experience
145 Ninth Street
The Events Production Manager is an integral member of the Center for Asian American Media (CAAM) staff and is responsible for the coordination and execution of year-round public events, including our CAAMFest film, music and food festival in May. The position reports directly to Festival and Exhibitions Director and works closely with the entire CAAM staff.
This position is at the core of all programs involving in-person public attendance for the organization, including screenings, concerts, panels, food events, fundraisers, seminars, meetings, media industry gatherings and other development related events. General duties include events planning, staffing, execution and management.
This position also involves external communication with community partners in the Bay Area and across the U.S. including foundations, community organizations, governmental bodies, educational institutions, event sponsors and other event stakeholders.
Salary commensurate with experience. The position is full-time, exempt, salaried, and includes excellent benefits.
Responsibilities and duties include but are limited to:
- In conjunction with CAAM leadership, plan event presentation from start to finish according to program and organizational requirements, target audience and objectives
- Maintain and coordinate master and project event timelines and schedules throughout the year, and especially during the CAAMFest itself
- Prepare and implement suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare event budgets and ensure budget adherence in conjunction with finance and other department heads
- Source and negotiate with vendors, contractors and suppliers
- Manage hiring of event personnel (contractors, seasonal staff, vendors etc.)
- Supervise all event staff (contractors, seasonal staff, vendors etc.)
- Serve as CAAM liaison to event participants to track incoming materials including contracts, stipend requests, exhibition formats and riders
- Coordinate all event operations
- Approve all aspects of event logistics before the day of the event
- Ensure events are completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Assist in analysis of event success and preparation of reports
- Supervise event staff, interns and volunteers in the execution of all above-mentioned tasks
- Support promotional activities for the event in conjunction with marketing staff
- Assist CAAM staff to research and build community partnerships
- Record-keeping and updating filing systems
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Detail-oriented, team-player, and able to work under multiple deadlines
- Experience supervising staff positions
- Fluency in Mac-based applications including MS Office, Filemaker Pro, Adobe Suite and Word Press
- Knowledge of Bay Area Asian American communities and organizations a plus
- Experience in graphic design, marketing, website development, and/or public relations a plus
- Film festival experience a plus
Health, dental and vision and life insurance benefits provided. Optional participation in company 401k, FSA and commuter benefits.
It is the policy of CAAM to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Minimum Education Required